• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Monstrum

Val84

Private
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2023
Phoenix
I’m looking for scope rings or a cantilever scope mount and I keep seeing Monstrum pop up. Do you guys have any experience with them? I know they’re inexpensive, but are they any good?

• Haha
Reactions: Yondering
The OP must be joking! :ROFLMAO:

They're third world made junk for airsoft and such. That's why they're $29-30 mounts.

As a general rule, when it comes to firearms, optics, parts, and accessories, you get what you pay for. Stick with the "reasonably respected names" in any given product type. Decent rings at reasonable cost can be had from Warne, Leupold, Burris, TPS, Badger Ordnance, Vortex, Seekins, Hawkins, and more companies.

I don't know what firearm you have, but even inexpensive hunting guns deserve decent quality rings- because that's what keeps scopes aligned and mounted properly.

Reactions: Modoc
Hahaha…..you got me. I wasn’t trying to troll too much. I’m from somewhere around there and I guess I’m homesick for wide open spaces and mountains and sitting ducks. Flying ones too. I’ll save my late night banter for the Bears. Val asked for it. I’m in a strange mood and have to not ever stop working. Be well
1687434894342.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: MarshallDodge
Oh boy, I think I probably deserved this. 🤣 Ok, ok, what about Aero Precision? They seem to be really well priced and I know they make great AR parts.

This is a good one. This is also the Hide, and not meant for poors. That means your mount needs to be at least 1/4 of the price of your scope. And scopes start at 2k for a budget model.

Some of the monstrum stuff is decent. I have a set of their caps on an lpvo, they are excellent. Some of their objective lens caps restrict the field of view. I wouldn't buy a scope from them, but if you're putting rings on a light recoiling rifle, they'll do fine.
Always get a kick out of the folks posting on forums with their Chinese made phones or Chinese made computers and tablets saying that you should never buy Chinese made stuff.

The monstrum pro series rings and the vortex pro series rings look remarkably similar even the rail lug is the same.
I’d say they’re made in the same factory.

OP- we all want to get as much value for our money as possible. I can’t blame you.

That said, When you cheap out on parts for a precision rifle you end up burning a ton of time and money (ammo) troubleshooting problems and replacing parts. It’s just not worth it. Most of us know from experience. You’re better off spending the $130+ for tried and true rings.

Seekins and the vortex precision matched rings are probably the best value you’ll find.

Reactions: Gohring65