• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Montana 1999 action question

mciver

Private
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2009
Olympia, WA
Need some help...
I have a rifle built on a Montana 1999 action and here is the issue..the internal box mag is only 3.650 which limits the COAL I want to be at. Has anyone heard of anything aftermarket that I can get to extend the internal box or even find a magazine fed box for this thing? Wyatt's didn't have an answer and Montana Rifle Co hasn't called me back...go figure.
Thanks for the help...if there is any.
Malcolm

Re: Montana 1999 action question

C'mon boys!!! Ok..just to add a little, Montana 1999 action is in all practicality a Model 70 action. So, I assume the Wyatt's box will work after a little work by the smith (ya the assume word, I know). Is there an aftermarket system for the Mod 70 for making it a detachable mag system? Someone has to know something about this thing.

Re: Montana 1999 action question

You can give me a call. I have insight to the whole deal that may help you. That company is not exactly run correctly. I do however have someone on the inside that can help you out. They have extended box mags there. I will be able to get you answers or parts if needed.

Jason
541-409-6378
Dead On Accurate LLC