• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Montana - AR Inc. Event

Augustis

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2004
Montana
Where - Augustis Ranch, Rygate Mt.

When - June 25 & 26th

How Much - $45.00 per day

This is an informal - non competitive event, primarily geared to allow people interested in LR unknown distance field shooting to become involved in this application of fire on reactive steel targets ranging in distance from 300 to 1500 yards. The field course are also well suited for data development, for those wanting to improve their knowledge, confidence & ability shooting in a rural environment. This setting assimilates as close to real world shooting solutions/ applications as you can find - no groomed ranges - no wind flags etc. All of the firing solutions are determined by what you will find in the real world.

There are presently only 12 slots left at this time, & pre-registration is mandatory.

For more info, or to register contact me directly @ [email protected]

Aug ><>

Re: Montana - AR Inc. Event

Hope the rain stops. Would like to make it for this one, but will have to see how the schedule treats me.

Augustis,
There are three of us who sent you e-mails on this event. Scott, Wade and Austin. We hope to see you at the event.

I have been working hard to finalize a 50 cal school at the ranch this past weekend - which did not happen due to road closures from the flooding & tornado that killed 227 head of cows & calves this past week. I had to suck it up as a professional courtesy to the individual, Jon, with Professional Marksmen Inc., who traveled to Montana to perform the application specific school that has been in the works for months, as well as my clients who spent considerable time & expense to get this specialized training from Jon's organization.

I hope "Plan B", & the additional steel targets that I was forced to built for this training op worked out for them.

In a day or so, I will hopefully be caught up again & prepare for the next event at the end of the month.If you sent me an email which slipped through the crack, please send another. I was forced to check the volume of emails regarding the June event from my phone, instead of my computer this weekend.

I hope to see some of my old clients & friends, as well as some new individuals this month!

Aug ><>

Brian - If you can, please get me a head count of the number of your associates that plan to attend this month, so I can determine registration attendance limitations/requirements. Thanx

Aug ><>

John - Have not seen you in a long time... hopefully we will see you again this month! Its gonna be 70 -75 degrees, sunny with max winds of 3-5 mph! Heck if you are going to dream, dream big, does not cost a penny more >;O)

Aug ><>

Aug, E-mail in bound for another shooter for Saturday the 25th.

Thanks

Jeff

Hey, I was wondering do you guys have a website or a posted schedule for other dates? I'd love to come up this weekend but my schedule doesn't allow it. If there is another event planned for later this year I may be able to make that one. I'm from down in Baker and I'd love to come out and hang out with and learn from others who are into this form of shooting.

ST, the website is presently under construction. We typically host some kind of event every month. Next month will most likely be a marksmanship development workshop. The cost for this event will be $125.00 per day. The emphasis for this event will be to work with the individual shooters to help them develop the necessary skills to effectively engage targets into the realm of 1000+ yards. The workshop will be limited to the first 10 individuals exclusively. During the weekend workshops, we still have ample room to conduct the data development field course, which will be also limited to 10 shooters. Presently we are looking at the end of July, although the exact target weekend has not been formally established. I will know more after this first event next weekend.

Aug ><>

Re: Montana - AR Inc. Event (pics)

Spent the day at Aug's ranch yesterday. Great day of shooting steel from 250-1900 yards, visiting with other shooters, and enjoying a beautiful Montana day.

Here are a few pics from yesterday,
P6250001.jpg

P6250006.jpg

P6250015.jpg

P6250017.jpg

P6250020.jpg

P6250022.jpg

P6250027.jpg

Good looking pictures. I also enjoyed meeting some fellow shooters and I learned a lot. Hope to shoot at the next meet also.
-Scott

What a great day of shooting!!! It was my first trip to one of the Agustis Ranch Shoots, but not my last. It was great to meet all you guys and I really like the real world field conditions of ths range. Tons, Literly, tons of steel to pck from and many stages of shooting positions. No benches, no preset distances. You range your target of choice, dope and engage. Very cool stuff and they way I like to learn.

Here are a few pics I took.

DSC03059Small.jpg

DSC03055Small.jpg

DSC03057Small.jpg

DSC03058Small.jpg

DSC03062Small.jpg

DSC03064Small.jpg

Here is the "Hero" pics of me after I engaged the 36" target at 1905 yards with Aug and Montana Marine spotting for me. Rifle was built by Trgrman. .338 LM sending Berger Gen 2 300gr Hybrids with a G7 BC of .419. MV 2795 fps. Conditions were a bit tricky with mid day mirage and a variable wind. These are the 3 shots on steel. Distance was ranged with my PLRF10 and witnessed by many. Shooting solution was supplied by "Shooter" on my Droid X phone. Spin Drift and Coriolis both were employed.

Jeff

DSC03067Small.jpg

DSC03072Small.jpg

Nice shooting Jeff! The weather was great and it is a nice place to stretch you rifles legs and learn. I'll be back.

-Wade.