• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Montana AR Inc. September Event

Augustis

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2004
Montana
If you are new to the world of LR shooting or a veteran LR marksman this is the event for you to further develop, or learn this skill in a casual setting! My course will challenge novice and expert alike on a practical field course - No conventional rifle range setting here!

The September dates are the 19 & 20

This will be a casual shooting format that I have held in past years. PR marksmen will engage reactive steel targets from 150 to almost 1100 yards on 7 different courses of fire that have been established to test your knowledge and ability in a real life live fire setting so you may determine your own strength and weakness for future marksmanship development that will allow you to grow from this shooting experience.

The cost will be $45.00 for each day and you should bring about 100 rounds of ammunition (Per Day), including all of the equipment to support your rifle platform. The catch is you are also required to carry your support gear under your own power on this course of fire.

Use this link below to answer some common questions about our event. Sorry I have not been able to get any of the links to load with pictures of past events.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1011956&page=1

I have never exceeded the limit in the past, however we are getting closer all the time. Attendance will be limited to 30 shooters per day which appears to be possible this year.

You are welcome to park campers, or pitch tents at the ranch if you are planning to shoot both days, at no charge for dry camping. If anyone needs phone numbers for hotels let me know and I will see what I can do in this area.

If you are camping on site there will NO alcoholic beverages permitted! Further we can plan for BBQ's or other group evening activities if anyone is interested, including late afternoon - early evening shooting activities?

You can email me directly to register, or with questions: [email protected] - or PM through this SH.

I encourage early registration (prepayment is excepted) to hold your slot & checks are NOT deposited until after the event has come to pass.

Aug ><>

Re: Montana AR Inc. September Event

Hey Aug,
Well i cant make this one, but have been bragging on your course here...if the work schedual permits hopefully I can make the next one, hopefully will bring a couple shooters back up with me that are pretty excited to shoot a good course at elevation, am missing the mountians and hopefully will see you sooner than later

Killflash,
You gotta make it back for hunting season.
Shane was out with my old ghillie yesterday and had an antelope doe lay down about ten feet away.Got me thinking,someone has to run the camera and someone has to run the knife
sick.gif

TRGR

September roll call, it would be nice to know who, or how many people might show up next weekend?

I am going forward rain or shine even if only one person shows up.

Aug ><>

I would be there, but I'm on call. Sorry can't make it this time. For all those considering this event let me say that Aug runs an awesome program. The venue is great with lots of challenging targets. Well worth the cost.

Aug,
I won't be able to make this event. i wish i could as i have finally got those bullets to stay together. it is sheep season up here so i will be doing some backpacking and hopefully be able to apply some of the things that i have learned from the spring event.
Thanks for organizing these events. I will surely be there next spring.

Tye

Aug,

I am dying to make one of these, and will eventually, but I have my boys in town this weekend so won't be able to make this one either. Good news is that I may have a potential employee starting shortly, so next year may work a lot better! Have a great time, perhaps we can get out and shoot over by the range sometime soon?

Dave

You are correct, this is a great shoot! I drive a thousand miles round trip to shoot these match's and I assure you I wouldent do it if they wernt good!

Search 'Montana LR event' That should bring up past events with lots of photo's and comentary.

You can camp at the ranch. There is electricity and I beleave water but I am not sure as I always bring my own. Town is about 30 miles away.

Give it a try I am sure you wont regret it. Good people and real good shooting at reactive and non-reactive steel targets. There is also a gong setup at around 1600 yd. Thats a lot of fun after the main match. There are seven different firing position setup along the course with at least four targets per position at different ranges. It appears there won't be to many people at this one so I bet it will be the best yet as it will move along faster.

Jay Seaquist

See you guys tonight or tomorrow morning, I am out of here.
Aug ><>

Aug,
I wanted to thank you for having us out to the ranch again. We all had a great time!!!
We all look forward to being back up in the spring and having everybody down here for a shoot.
I hope your wife's knee will not trouble her long.

Have a great day and thank you again.

Jay Seaquist