• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Montana Merriums

psinclair

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2008
Glasgow, Montana
scan0002-3.jpg

Benelli M1 Super 90...good turkey medicine.

Garfield County Montana.

Re: Montana Merriums

Private land or guided hunt? I'm a new NWTF member looking to explore a hunt in Montana or Wyoming.

Surely that wasn't last week, too cold for sleeveless. I just got done with a central florida osceola hunt 2 weeks ago, had a blast. I'm gonna try for a rio next year

I'm trying to save up to start my quest for the Slam. All I have to my credit is easterns, so far.

This was my last eastern from the spring of 2007. 23 lbs, 10 3/4" beard, 1 1/2" spurs.
PICT0044.jpg

Im not much of a hard core turkey guy...I think the beard was about 8". I didnt weigh it either. I would guess 20lbs.

Didnt call it in. Spot and stalk deal.

Those easterns are cool with that "root beer" color in the fan.
The Merriums tend to be more white in the fan tips.

Yeah, the Merriam's & Rio's have the white tipped tail feathers. The bronze feathers are sure beautiful in the sunlight.

I've tried the stalk "run & gun" technique and the still hunt in a blind. I haven't had much success with the stalk, so congrats for a great bird.