• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Montana oil refinery explosion

images (2).jpeg

The term used frequently in the XOM world is :.... "Run to failure".... You can go into any American oil refinery (regardless of who owns it) and it will not take an experienced hand long to identify pipe, valves, fittings and process equipment that has been running 24 hours a day for the past 50 years...
The "environmentalist" have worked hard to bring the USA to it's knees.... The infrastructure is crumbling... Nothing new...

Reactions: Shanghai McCoy
They've needed to shut down and fully rebuild that refinery for a long time now. They're constantly having minor maintenance shut-downs already.

The term used frequently in the XOM world is :.... "Run to failure".... You can go into any American oil refinery (regardless of who owns it) and it will not take an experienced hand long to identify pipe, valves, fittings and process equipment that has been running 24 hours a day for the past 50 years...
The "environmentalist" have worked hard to bring the USA to it's knees.... The infrastructure is crumbling... Nothing new...
We had a charge pump on our DCU that had a swastika on it, it had been running since 1940 with a few very short breaks,

Good video. This is one of the reasons LNG Terminials are no longer located on inland waterways.... Although the ships probably occasionally get into the river's in other parts of the world.

Attachments

• LNG.jpg
    LNG.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: camocorvette
Also have to accept the fact that managers come along and are not willing to make any repairs that will marginalize the plants end of year profits. It is all about stock value, profit based bonuses, etc. The managers just have to keep it running at max profit until they retire. Then it is the next managers problem.
I worked at a refinery starting about 2000. They had done a turnaround shortly before I got there. Co workers talked about valves that were replaced during the turn around that literally had Nazi Swastikas stamped on them. I assume they had been in service prior to WWII. That was in a refinery that at the time was perceived as the safest oil company to be employed by.
Later I went to research. Research did some very dangerous projects, but the equipment was always brand new and budgets were huge if not open ended.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hobo Hilton