• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Montana Rifle co. 1999 actions

spmcd2

Private
Minuteman
May 12, 2009
A gunsmith I know was telling me about the 1999 action and the new hunting rifles that Montana Rifle co. is making.

Does anyone have any info. about this company?

Thanks in advace.

Re: Montana Rifle co. 1999 actions

The action is Mauser clone I beleive. Their hunting rifles are great but I think if you are looking for a more precision/target type rifle most people will steer you elsewhere.

I thought about using one for a tactical build and was talked out of it by my smith Kirby. I have heard a lot of diffrent things on them and the general consences seams to be they are ok if you are just building a run of the mill hunting rifle. But you are giving up a lot and they arnt worth the price.

My smith has used a few and said that they still need to be trued, so you may as well buy a Stiller.

I have a 1999 action that I built a 300WM on. Its a tactical style rifle. And it shoots lights out all day everyday. My smith did blueprint the entire action and bolt. He always does that for me. I went with a Montana barrel as well. It shoots just fine. When its shot out Ill go to a Bartlein or something along those specs.

I dont think you could go wrong with one and then have it blueprinted. Ya it will cost you a little more then average but your getting a very nice action.