• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Montana Rifle Company Actions?

Re: Montana Rifle Company Actions?

Used to use a number of them. the last group of them I rodered a couple years back had some quality control issues. All of the rear bridges were between .020, and .025 low. I came up with a classy if involved way to fix it. As I understand lately they have been having some serious problems actually delivering actions as every part is contracted out to the actual production shops. They don't seem to be able to stay with any one shop for very long. I think they finaly started delivering on an actionthat I was in the first group to order, and since canceled my order. I'm going to guess I got on that list about 5-6 years ago, and after 2 price hikes before they ever went into production I got out. I have 2 on personal rifles but won't buy another. If I could get enough out of the 2 rifles I have them on I'd ditch them and rebuild a similar type of rifle on a better action.

QC on them is sketchy. If you want a CRF action get a short action FN from CDNN, if you want a long action find a used Winchester or a large ring mauser.

sounds good, guys thanks for the info. I was just looking for something less expensive than the other custom actions out there.

I guess you get what you pay for

I'm a lefty, and when I built my.308 several years ago; it was the only choice that I wanted to afford.

Works great and the rifle is exremely accurate.