• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Montana X-Treme Rimfire Solvent?

@flyfisher117 Thanks for your reply. I've got a few .22s that are pretty accurate. I've used a .22 cal. nylon brush and pistol rod to do carbon in the chambers and then a 17cal. Dewey with nylon brush to do the barrels. Sometimes I use a small patch wrapped around the brush and sometimes I use a larger patch on a jag. Solvent is plain old No.9. I'm hoping that the X-Treme will reduce soak time.

i use boretech carbon remover. soak time like 2 minutes.

2 wet patches.
3 down and back with wet nylon brush
3-4 dry patches until 'clean'/dry

yes my kreiger like being clean. ever 200-250 rounds or i get tons of random flyers. but it's so easy to clean i really dont care and im putting 20-30 through the gun before a match anyways so nbd

Reactions: JohnTheFisherman
@flyfisher117 Thanks for your reply. I've got a few .22s that are pretty accurate. I've used a .22 cal. nylon brush and pistol rod to do carbon in the chambers and then a 17cal. Dewey with nylon brush to do the barrels. Sometimes I use a small patch wrapped around the brush and sometimes I use a larger patch on a jag. Solvent is plain old No.9. I'm hoping that the X-Treme will reduce soak time.
I haven't used No9 in a long time so I don't remember how well it worked in comparison..