• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Monthly Phoenix match for October

Re: Monthly Phoenix match for October

Pretty sure its this sunday... usually its on the 3rd sunday of the month.
Someone please confirm this, would like to make this one...

It is this sunday Oct 17 at 0800 Matt is running the match

Will try to be there. My daughter's birthday. Tim, are you and Scott going to be there?

Tims elk hunting if I remember correctly, dunno if Scott is showing up?

Lowe and I will be running the match this Sunday, Oct 17th.
Match starts at 0800 sharp, if you want to help set up we will be there around 0600-0630.

Bring 55 rounds.

Thanks.

I'll be there Matt & Lowe. gotta do something while the Milkovich boys are out hunting.

Any chance I can zero my amax load before the match, should take like 2 shots, pretty close zero to my SMK load....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattsnuked</div><div class="ubbcode-body">-50 pts for sighting in on day of comp. </div></div>
Ok the nI wont be there tomorrow, have fun shooting the match.

As far as I understand it, our first stage is always a cold bore shot, which by definition precludes any such activity....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok the nI wont be there tomorrow, have fun shooting the match. </div></div>

LOL, you know I was joking about the point thing right? You posted this during mid day when you had plenty of time to get everything ready this past week for the match. This is why you are not taken seriously.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattsnuked</div><div class="ubbcode-body">-50 pts for sighting in on day of comp. </div></div>
Ok the nI wont be there tomorrow, have fun shooting the match. </div></div>

Savage, you could always go to the range the morning or afternoon before a match to sight in your rifle. You'd probably see a couple of us doing the same thing.

So you guys know, I did all that sighting in stuff with my rifle last week and again earlier this week. I can always find an hour or so to go to the range to shoot... and I work, like, a lot... and I don't have much free time... but it's a whole lot better than getting teased for not being prepared.

Changed the rail on my POF last night, remounted my scope this morning, loaded rounds to try out my Hornady match clone load, had a rt front blowout on the US60, sat in the HOV median for 30 minutes waiting for a DPS rolling roadblock to get me to where I could safely change the tire, limped on a almost flat spare to a gas station in Tempe, skipped lunch, dropped off my wife's dry cleaning, and then you know what I did?

-<span style="font-size: 11pt">I zeroed my rifle for tomorrow's match!</span>

Gonna try to make it early to help setup, but no promises.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattsnuked</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok the nI wont be there tomorrow, have fun shooting the match. </div></div>

LOL, you know I was joking about the point thing right? You posted this during mid day when you had plenty of time to get everything ready this past week for the match. This is why you are not taken seriously. </div></div>
No parent to go to the range with me... So explain to me how a 16yr. old is supposed to show up at a range, without an adult and shoot?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tims elk hunting if I remember correctly, dunno if Scott is showing up? </div></div>

Scott left town on Thursday to go Elk hunting too.

Thanks for making me so welcome last Thursday guys.

Good luck with the comp.

Ask Lowe to show you his 'Double Bowline'

Neil

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattsnuked</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok the nI wont be there tomorrow, have fun shooting the match. </div></div>

LOL, you know I was joking about the point thing right? You posted this during mid day when you had plenty of time to get everything ready this past week for the match. This is why you are not taken seriously. </div></div>
No parent to go to the range with me... So explain to me how a 16yr. old is supposed to show up at a range, without an adult and shoot?
</div></div>
I'm not an urban sprawler but why can'y you find a nice place out in the desert to zero? No parent's required!

Thanks to all for coming out today, I had a great time. Also, thanks to the guys who help set up and tear down. Nick, thanks for spotting.

Results: Max pts was 132, tied winner hit the cold bore shot.

1. Randall 88
2. Matt 84
3. Mike R. 60
4. Regina 50 Tied, Cold bore hit
4. Khang 50 Tied, Cold bore hit
5. Steve 46
6. Dr. Bill 37
7. Keith N. 36
8. Mike M. 28, Cold bore hit
9. Keith J. 28 Tied
9. Connor 28 Tied
10. Michael N. 26
11. Bob B. 18, Cold bore hit
12. Lowe 18
13. Bryan 10
14. Derek DNF
15. Paul DNF

Thanks Matt and Lowe for putting on a good match!

I'm going to see a Dr about the Tourette's of the trigger I can't seem to shake....

Randall, good to see you as always, and meet the guys you dragged along,
Bob B-nice job! Are you hooked?
Lowe-your stage was good one
Matt-burn that bungee

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Matt-burn that bungee</span></span>
</div></div>

100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000+. I hated that. But I suppose I need a bit more practice with it.

Were keeping the bungee. I really enjoyed shooting the dirt while you guys were scoring. Lets do it again ok?

You have to leave the bungee that seem to be the only way for me to get points this match LOL ( 3 out of 5 hits on it if I remember right). Funny how it I am moving I can hit the target we we are both still I stand no chance LOL. I did go do some shooting afterwards and found my scope is off my 1.5 mils (Not that I would shoot better if it was correct). I need to look into why it is off all of a sudden and hopefully get some loads worked up soon. Great Match thanks for a good time.

I liked the bungee too... I say keep it. Thank you Lowe and Matt for putting on a fun match.

Good job to the top three shooters and to all the folks who came out for the first time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LH Gina</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I liked the bungee too... I say keep it. Thank you Lowe and Matt for putting on a fun match.

Good job to the top three shooters and to all the folks who came out for the first time. </div></div>

I would like it too if I got 3/5 hits like you did. LOL.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LH Gina</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I liked the bungee too... I say keep it. Thank you Lowe and Matt for putting on a fun match.

Good job to the top three shooters and to all the folks who came out for the first time. </div></div>

I would like it too if I got 3/5 hits like you did. LOL.</div></div>

LH Gina may have gone 5 for 5, but I remember an interruption... from the peanut gallery after 3 hits....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattsnuked</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, you know I was joking about the point thing right? You posted this during mid day when you had plenty of time to get everything ready this past week for the match. This is why you are not taken seriously. </div></div>

I thought it was because he never shows up.
My crew and I drove 400 miles one-way to get to the match.
We even stopped on saturday and verified our zeros and dope to 400yds.
It's not like it's a difficult thing to do.
We did that last month too...

Oh, and great match Matt.
Looking forward to February.

Randall

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Paduan Learner</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tims elk hunting if I remember correctly, dunno if Scott is showing up? </div></div>

Scott left town on Thursday to go Elk hunting too.

Thanks for making me so welcome last Thursday guys.

Good luck with the comp.

Ask Lowe to show you his 'Double Bowline'

Neil</div></div>

The best knot ever "double bowline"...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2156SMK</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I thought it was because he never shows up.

Randall
</div></div>

And because he doesn't show up, then posts crap like this
crazy.gif
:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> my Tac Ops built on a Savage 110 action <span style="font-weight: bold">shoots 1/10 MOA easy, and when I do my part, I get it closer to 1/16th,</span> Ive even got a 1/18th MOA group with it. </div></div>

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...219#Post2111219

Maybe when we finally get him to a match we can shoot 1" steel dot drills at 500 yards-that's twice his claim, should be easy enough.....

1 MOA = 1.047 inches right? So 1.047 / 18 = .0582

That's 58 1000ths of an inch right? 30-06 bullet diameter =.308

.308 + .0582 = .3662. Oh yeah it's possible. Cmon Felipe get the $200!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattsnuked</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jerk..</div></div>

Remember, last time you insulted me Felipe got upset.

He'll give him the "easy 1/10", so 1.0438/10=.10438 so we can even round up-.41" groups at 100 on demand, and Matt's even giving just two out of three.

Should be a piece of cake.......if he does his part.

I'm glad I don't talk shit to adults. You guys are ruthless. I say Matt and Lowe should be the new match directors. All in favor??

I heard you guys rocked this weekend, good job. Hopefully I'll be shooting my new .260 next month, or my 6.5CM, or my grendel, maybe the dinosaur(.308), I always have an extra POF sitting around too. I'll decide the night before the match as usual.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2156SMK</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I thought it was because he never shows up.

Randall
</div></div>

crazy.gif
:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> my Tac Ops built on a Savage 110 action <span style="font-weight: bold">shoots 1/10 MOA easy, and when I do my part, I get it closer to 1/16th,</span> Ive even got a 1/18th MOA group with it. </div></div>

Maybe when we finally get him to a match we can shoot 1" steel dot drills at 500 yards-that's twice his claim, should be easy enough.....
</div></div>
Look up my post in august from when I took my Lima to the range for the first time....

LOL Scott (scottmilk) witnessed me do my load development when I shot that .055 MOA group (roughly 1/18th MOA) so did Retired fire investigator and Phoenix PD Paul Hobel, and so did Zack or "Ghillie zen", which is a sponsor on this site. keep talking out of your ass steve.

This is the 1/18th MOA group, corner to corner is what was measured in this pic, subtract .308 and you get? <span style="font-weight: bold">.055 MOA</span>
Limagroup.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2156SMK</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I thought it was because he never shows up.

Randall
</div></div>

crazy.gif
:

</div></div>

LOl we both know shooting at 100 and 500 is a different ball game, wind comes into effect.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottmilk9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm glad I don't talk shit to adults. You guys are ruthless. <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">I say Matt and Lowe should be the new match directors. All in favor??</span></span> </div></div>

1+ I vote for that. Certainly, it was a good match. Congrats Matt and Lowe. Who's running the next one? I am sure that Scott has a few Aces up his sleeves to make the match a bit more equal for all of us beginners.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is the 1/18th MOA group, corner to corner is what was measured in this pic, subtract .308 and you get? <span style="font-weight: bold">.055 MOA</span>
</div></div>

Let's do this then, stop talking and start shooting that 1/10 MOA all day gun. How about this Sunday. You can't back out now that you've shown 1 pic.

Do it Felipe, I want to see you win the "straight cash homey"...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattsnuked</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is the 1/18th MOA group, corner to corner is what was measured in this pic, subtract .308 and you get? <span style="font-weight: bold">.055 MOA</span>
</div></div>

Let's do this then, stop talking and start shooting that 1/10 MOA all day gun. How about this Sunday. You can't back out now that you've shown 1 pic. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Cant this sunday, I will make the Gunsite match though. And I claim nothing accuracy wise passed 100yds, Since I havent really gotten to shoot groups at further distances.
</div></div>

GREAT!!!! Since you will be at the Gunsite match we'll set up a target at 100 yards and everyone there can watch you win my money with your 1/10 MOA groups. Don't worry you will owe me nothing if you can not do it, but obviously you are not worried since you said it's easy. Just think how much fun this will be! I'll email Brad now to see if we can get this special event set up.

BTW, others have pitched in and it's now up to $300 and growing, just think about all the dough you're gonna bring in with your exhibition skills.

If you win the money Felipe I think you should donate it to Wounded Warrior. Just saying

Ill throw in some cash too

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattsnuked</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Cant this sunday, I will make the Gunsite match though. And I claim nothing accuracy wise passed 100yds, Since I havent really gotten to shoot groups at further distances.
</div></div>

GREAT!!!! Since you will be at the Gunsite match we'll set up a target at 100 yards and everyone there can watch you win my money with your 1/10 MOA groups. Don't worry you will owe me nothing if you can not do it, but obviously you are not worried since you said it's easy. Just think how much fun this will be! I'll email Brad now to see if we can get this special event set up.

BTW, others have pitched in and it's now up to $300 and growing, just think about all the dough you're gonna bring in with your exhibition skills. </div></div>
LMAO. I dont want your money or need it, Ill gladly shoot some groups for ya though. I know the rifle is capable of it 24/7, we will see if Im on my game that day.

And we are talking 3 shot groups correct? never shot a 5 shot group that small, never tried really.

Also if this happens, lets make sure we get the details right. itll be shot in prone, w/ bipod and rear bag, on my shooting mat, no time limit. ex: "30secs per shot".

Edit: and Mike, great idea, money will go to WW.

Here is a link for you..Snipers Hide Group Shot Policy

It's really too bad you won't accept easy money but I gotta say that I (and everyone else) never really thought you could do it any way. You should really learn to be able to back up your word when you post things online to make yourself look big.

back·ped·al (b&#259;k&#712;p&#277;d&#716;l)
intransitive verb backpedaled back·ped·aled or back·ped·alled, backpedaling back·ped·al·ing or back·ped·al·ling, back·ped·als
3.<span style="font-weight: bold">To retreat or withdraw from a position or attitude: </span> I.E. Felipe backpedaled when he was called out on the internet.

LOL read my last few posts please. And no, that group shot policy is for posting them on the interwebs...

Dont pussy out now matt. Put your money where your mouth is. Its for a good cause after all, wounded warriors...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dont pussy out now matt. Put your money where your mouth is. Its for a good cause after all, wounded warriors... </div></div>

I never backed out you're the one changing the group shots blah blah blah. Let's do this. Now that your getting all lippy with me let's make it interesting. If you lose, you put up the money for a good cause.

Who's the pussy now....

felipe, he posted those guidelines as that is what is expected.

6 3-shot groups or 4 5-shot groups. your choice.

if you're feeling froggy go for 1 10-shot group.

personally i find it all hilariously outrageous.

still waiting for you to shoot 1 match...