• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Montour County Rifles Custom Stiller .308

mchurch52

Private
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2011
Shreveport, LA
Finally picked up my first precision rifle. I've owned plenty of nice customs over the years, but always blued steel and walnut types built on Pre-64 Model 70s and Mauser 98s. I stumbled across this rifle and it was too good a deal to pass up, so I grabbed it and am so glad I did. The gun had less than 60 rounds down the tube when I picked it up and was in new condition. It was built by Kevin Cram of Montour County Rifles. I did some research and he has a great reputation as an excellent gunsmith and all around great guy. The gun was built on a Stiller Tac 30 action with Brux 18" 1:12 barrel, Williams bottom metal, Shilen trigger and a McMillan A3 Edge stock. I've shot the gun a few times with a variety of ammo and it has been a consistent sub .5 MOA shooter. I finally got to try out some Federal Gold Medal Match 175gr ammo today and think I found the gun's sweet spot. All in all, a great gun and I can't say enough good things about Kevin's work.

Attachments

• IMG_2731.jpg
    IMG_2731.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2732.jpg
    IMG_2732.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2733.jpg
    IMG_2733.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2734.jpg
    IMG_2734.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 29
It looks like a nice rifle that shoots well. Now comes the fun part. Get out and shoot the snot out of it. A couple of 10-15 round groups can be a great learning experience and show a lot about a barrel. Not to mention the most fun you can have with rifle like that ringing steel at unknown distances.

Yep, that's exactly what I had in mind. The little Vortex 2.5-10x32 I have mounted on the gun has been great so far, I'm hoping it'll be adequate when the ranges get longer.