• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

hunter223

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2007
Odessa Tx
Looking to go in 2011 wanting to start gathering info. Any one know of a good outfitter/lease? I just don't know where to start other than google but, I prefer advice from guys that have done it. How's the meat from moose also???

thanks,
Hunter

Re: Moose hunt?

The meat is fantastic. Where are you looking to go. Up this way or down south? If your headed up this way I know some people you can contact depending on whether you want a self guided or fully guided hunt. Pm me if you know what your looking for and I'll get you their websites and contact info.

Re: Moose hunt?

A good friend of mine still guides here. Superb guide with good success rates. Not cheap! but what guide is in Alaska. Pay for one early as rates may go up, there is a stir in the wind from the State again but understand if you are a no show you will lose money. Its a huge business in Alaska. Let me know and I will let him know you are interested.

http://www.alaska-d-l-outfitters.com/

I also know a guide who sets up self-guided float trips, he does not guide but supplies all the supplies.

If doing a self hunt, learn the proper way to field a moose, a lot of work magnified if done wrong.

Moose meat is OK, if I had the choice, caribou over moose.