• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Duc

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 16, 2007
NE. Illinios
Plank crossing road is 2x8x12ft long...
This big guy must stand 9ft or so...

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

Re: !!MOOSE!!

Good Golly Miss Molly!

Better put down that .223 and pick-up something with a little more KA-FREAKING-BANG!

Would be something to see, wonder where the picture was taken at?

Picture taken between (near) McAdam,N.B. Can. and Vanceboro, Maine

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Duc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Picture taken between (near) McAdam,N.B. Can. and Vanceboro, Maine </div></div>

If this location is correct you better start hunting that area HEAVY because that's ABSOLUTELY a new World Record Eastern Canadian Moose.

I'm sorry but there has been some photoshop editing of this picture. If the width of the vehicle ruts is that of a conventional car-truck the distance to the belly of this bull would be over 2 meters.

I'm guessing it's three years old, nice but not record book. They always look bigger from behind.

This picture has been discussed elsewhere on several forums here is one http://mainehuntingtoday.com/bbb/2009/04/02/big-bull-moose-or-not-a-big-bull-moose/

and http://www.newbrunswickhunting.com/forum/topic.asp?q=get_topic&discussion=15&id_topic=3397

and http://www.lakestatefishing.com/modules/...;post_id=195626

Sorry to ruin the fun boys, but it's photoshop all the way and i've shot moose.

I know they are saying it is photshop and I am not going to get in a debate about it but look at the shadow of both pics. They do change from one to the other.

Wow! When I clicked on that video, there is a ton of moose attack videos! I didnt realize they were aggressive.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow! When I clicked on that video, there is a ton of moose attack videos! I didnt realize they were aggressive. </div></div>

Yeah, and a good way to end up in a freezer too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Duc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Plank crossing road is 2x8x12ft long...

image001.jpg

image002.jpg
</div></div>

The only rifle I own that I want in my hands at this moment is my marlin 45/70 loaded with buffalo bore 500 grainers.

Looks like a photo shop deal to me. I was born and raised in Maine and have seen plenty of big ass Moose. Either way yes they are very big animals. Eventually I will draw a damn permit and be able to take one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: koolnhard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only rifle I own that I want in my hands at this moment is my marlin 45/70 loaded with buffalo bore 500 grainers.</div></div>

+1 Absolutely!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moose

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The largest of all is the Alaskan subspecies (A. a. gigas), which can stand over 2.1 m (7 ft) at the shoulder, has a span across the antlers of 1.8 m (6 ft) and averages 634.5 kg (1,396 lbs) in males and 478 kg (1,052 lbs) in females.</div></div>

I don't think it's a photoshop I just think it's misleading with small trees and a road/pathway narrower than suggested.

With the light angled the way it is, it's easy to make it look like it's photoshopped because the light is hitting the far side and a small amount of the curved surfaces on the side you can see which makes it look weird offset against the unlit background of the trees. I've looked at some of my own pictures taken in similar lighting and thought they looked photochopped.

Thats a big fucker!! holy crap
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Duc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Plank crossing road is 2x8x12ft long...

image001.jpg

image002.jpg
</div></div>

Total photoshop. Same walking leg position in both photos and same white patch on rump both photos.

Local visitors showing up for supper, love them pumpkins they do!

Visitors.jpg