• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advanced Marksmanship More accurate Barrett 82a1 or tac 50?

DeBoer2001

Private
Minuteman
May 8, 2011
USA
I am in between those two rifles but don't know which one to purchase I want the pros and cons on both as well as accuracy differences as well I hope there are a few here that will help make my mind up. Thanks. Please mail info to [email protected]. thanks

Re: More accurate Barrett 82a1 or tac 50?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HillbillyfromAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vacation </div></div>

That's no way to treat a new member hillbilly.

Ashely, please excuse his rudeness. Allow me to properly greet you....

Tits or GTFO.

edit:Side note, am I the only one who has the urge to submit that e-mail to all kinds of nasty e-mail spam lists?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HillbillyfromAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vacation</div></div>

ahahahahah Just great.

lol
grin.gif

Tac 50 is on the better side of 50s but not the best that could be had.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jheat308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tac 50 is on the better side of 50s but not the best that could be had.</div></div>

so very true.............but even so the last mcbros was best being gone on down the road....

82a1 was never designed for pinpoint accuracy, and it shows. Fun to shoot though. There are certainly more accurate .50BMG rifles out of the box, especially in that price range.

For .50 cal fun, the Barrett M82 is GREAT fun. The way it fires is awesome. Its such an easy weapon to fire. Its also an awesome looking weapon, for me it rates highest in intimidating factor for my weaponology top tens. But lets face it, if you were looking for accuracy you would be getting a .338 edge or Barret .416

If your looking for a little of both accuracy and fun get the Barrett M82 chambered in .416.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Expect to get 2.5moa accuracy AT VERY BEST.</div></div>

Interesting. The first time I ever shot an M82A1, I shot a 1 MOA 5-round group at 690 yards, using Mk 211 API, a cartridge not very well noted for accuracy. Probably just luck...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Expect to get 2.5moa accuracy AT VERY BEST.</div></div>

Interesting. The first time I ever shot an M82A1, I shot a 1 MOA 5-round group at 690 yards, using Mk 211 API, a cartridge not very well noted for accuracy. Probably just luck...
</div></div>

Lucky? Yeah, right......... Not when it comes to shooting anyway.

The Tac50 by a mile (pun intended).

The Barret barrel free floats with springs. It was not designed for accuracy.

The TAC 50 is a precision rifle. The other one is not.

The TAC .50 will beat you up when you shoot it. The other won't.

Just for the record, I have absolutely no doubt that the Tac50 is inherently more accurate than the Barrett semis. But it takes a lot more skill to drive a heavy-recoiling semi accurately than it does a bolt gun of the same caliber. The Barretts are very useful in the right hands.

I'm sure it goes without saying but with deployment of the m82 and m107 in combat in the marines our main use for it was to diable vehicles. But with that being said I definitely wouldn't hesitate to engage human size targets at range with it! It's a very nice rifle.

As others have stated, the semi may not be the most accurate rifle in the world, but Barrett is one of the best companies. They were major sponsors of at least half the matches I was involved in last year. They make great products. And they don't roll over for the gun-ban crowd.

dogging that gun for lack of accuracy is like being upset that your dump truck won't do 0-60 in 7 seconds.

As everyone is saying go with the TAC 50. The M82/107 was designed as an anti-material rifle. Ours we're lucky to get 3 MOA out one and thats all that is expected. The Tac50 however I've heard of 1 MOA. However with the TAC 50 being that it is a bolt action you are naturally going to have my recoil associated with it and it also weighs about 5 pounds less then the Barrett. The Barrett because of its operating system has great recoil managment. I personally would prefer the TAC 50 despite the additional recoil.