• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

More corporate intrusion, EBAY

memyselfi

memyselfi
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2011
Good Ole USA
Not sure what category this would go under.

Has anyone received a update from ebay ? Requiring Bank account number, and SSN. Eventually Ebay is breaking ties with Paypal, and wants direct withdrawal / deposit with banks now. What could possible go wrong with that concept ? Thought the idea was to link credit card ( fraud protection ) to paypal for secured purchases.

I beleive this is only for sellers, buyers can still use paypal through 2023. after that no one knows.

Not sure what category this would go under.

Has anyone received a update from ebay ? Requiring Bank account number, and SSN. Eventually Ebay is breaking ties with Paypal, and wants direct withdrawal / deposit with banks now. What could possible go wrong with that concept ? Thought the idea was to link credit card ( fraud protection ) to paypal for secured purchases.
I got something from them the other day. Didn't read it, that was probably what it was though.

Hell, I wouldn't give Parler my cell phone number in order to sign up for a new account. They don't need it. Fuck e-Bay, they're getting nothing.

Just quietly migrate away from them. Don't make a stink, don't do their "market research" for them, just don't use them anymore. There isn't anything on e-Bay that I want that I can't find somewhere else.

maybe the Hide ought to BAN Paypal for payment options.

Hi,

Why?? PayPal has long banned firearm/firearm product sells. That is why everyone says F&F when dealing with PP.
PP is absolutely useless in regards to any kind of protection for buyer or seller when it comes to firearms/firearm products.

Sincerely,
Theis

I haven't bought or sold anything on eBay for a long time. I didn't get an email asking fo rall this information. If they do, I'll tell them just to delate my account.

Just being contrary. I use ebay to buy, paypal to pay.
Even with ebay dropping paypal as an associate payment processor you will still be able to use any payment method the seller will accept. Even Credit/Debit cards through Paypal.
Sellers will probably need to supply bank and tax info. Just like Amazon sellers.

Hi,

Why?? PayPal has long banned firearm/firearm product sells. That is why everyone says F&F when dealing with PP.
PP is absolutely useless in regards to any kind of protection for buyer or seller when it comes to firearms/firearm products.

Sincerely,
Theis
Learned that one the hard way years ago, before they offically went Anti-2A

I got something from them the other day. Didn't read it, that was probably what it was though.

Hell, I wouldn't give Parler my cell phone number in order to sign up for a new account. They don't need it. Fuck e-Bay, they're getting nothing.

Just quietly migrate away from them. Don't make a stink, don't do their "market research" for them, just don't use them anymore. There isn't anything on e-Bay that I want that I can't find somewhere else.
Same 👍

I do wish there was a option for supporting members that did not go through PayPal. Even though I won't open an account and only check out as guest, I would rather not deal with them at all.

Reactions: Bullfrog08
Its likely not eBay but more about taxes. States have been focused on making online sellers accountable for paying taxes at the state and local level for a long time. Most likely eBay will have to accommodate required filings with taxing agencies and need SS numbers, etc. in order to comply. I'm speculating but it seems like the obvious answer in my experience.

No good deed goes untaxed...

Reactions: tiNdvenTFHwMdqKW
Its likely not eBay but more about taxes. States have been focused on making online sellers accountable for paying taxes at the state and local level for a long time. Most likely eBay will have to accommodate required filings with taxing agencies and need SS numbers, etc. in order to comply. I'm speculating but it seems like the obvious answer in my experience.

No good deed goes untaxed...

Yes, my State Attorney General has gone on a crusade these last few years. He's jump on this bandwagon and has cracked down on this sales tax issue like he's trying to save the world.

Reactions: Threadcutter308
No, I called Ebay customer service number.

According to CS, the use of paypal for payment will be ending sooner than that.

Not, that I am fond of paypal !!!
Well stop using them

Why is this even an issue?

Drop them like a shitty diaper

Well stop using them

Why is this even an issue?

Drop them like a shitty diaper
That's what I did. I can't tell you the last time I bought anything from eBay. I still don't understand how they can collect state tax when I didn't buy it in my state. If I buy a widget and the seller lives in Utah, why am I paying sales tax for that item in Maryland???

That's what I did. I can't tell you the last time I bought anything from eBay. I still don't understand how they can collect state tax when I didn't buy it in my state. If I buy a widget and the seller lives in Utah, why am I paying sales tax for that item in Maryland???
Because of a SCOTUS ruling not too long ago. Previously the company you bought the widget from only had to charge you sales tax if the widget company had a physical presence in your state. SCOTUS ruled that states could require companies with no physical presence in their state who are selling into their state to collect sales taxes at the time of the sale. Every state has its own rules and it gets complicated. Most states require consumers to pay the tax on untaxed out of state purchases when you file your state taxes. Compliance is low and chasing that revenue from consumers isnt generally worth the effort so they target out of state companies that have customers in their state. So if a California company makes an internet sale to you in, say, Michigan then that company is required to charge you Michigan sales tax including any local sales taxes and file quarterly returns with the Michigan tax agency and remit the taxes to them. And yes, Michigan will show up at that California company and potentially audit them to make sure they are getting the tax revenue die to their state

You can always do business with private individuals and not pay any tax.
Shop the Deals and Steals on various forums.
Some small companies will also do under the table sales to not pay/charge sales tax.
I guess places like ebay and amazon are trying to abide by the law and charge/forward tax dollars to YOUR state.
Does Gun Broker charge/track sales tax on primers now?

Tax laws just cost us money. buy from a no sales tax state and get charged sales tax just because of where you live?
I don't have school age kids why should I pay for your kids to go to school?
I don't call 911 so why pay tax for that?
I don't often drink tea so why tax me on that?

bla bla bla. Taxes :)

You can always do business with private individuals and not pay any tax.
Shop the Deals and Steals on various forums.
Some small companies will also do under the table sales to not pay/charge sales tax.

Does Gun Broker charge/track sales tax on primers now?

Yes and yes

Fuck gunbroker, contact seller and agree to an off gunbroker deal.