• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

More Creedmoor vs 260 vs 6.5x47.

jeffersonv

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 20, 2008
SoCal
This time about feeding...

I have read many posts on these cartridges like many of you but can't remember anyone mentioning feeding with the Creedmoor and 6.5x47.

And yes, I did try to search. No luck.

I don't need to get into the x47 can be loaded hotter than the factory Creedmoor, and I've got a 260 and I like it, etc.

My main concern is how these cartridges feed from an AICS mag. Did I miss this in one of the ZS articles? First hand experience would be valued here.

Thanks.

Re: More Creedmoor vs 260 vs 6.5x47.

Running AI mags and having not one issue with feeding of the 6.5 Creedmoor!!

Now that's what I call a response!

Thanks Nomad

Thats what the 6.5 Creedmoor was built for. Fitting in a AI mag and feeding in a repeater or a bolt gun. I have never had a feed problem with mine.

Is the 6.5 Creedmor faster than 6.5x47 and can you get brass for 6.5 creedmor in Australia ?? I am set on 6.5x47L at the moment but build could change if this is a better deal.

No problems feeding the 6.5 Creedmoor here. Have run it in 3 matches now and had two magazine related problems so that mag was stuck in the practice bag and doesn't go to matches anymore. My other 7 mags have no issues at all.

PC3 do a search and you will find all the info you need. Don't start shit in the guys thread especially when asked not to.

Sorry was not looking to start trouble at all................things are different in Oz not a lot of stuff availabe here compared to you guys. I just missed the crux of the thread thats all.

Not a big deal but there have been other threads that turned ugly going down that path. Just wanted to keep it on track for the original poster.

No problems here love my creedmoor more than any gun I've ever shot
smile.gif

The AICS mags are designed for .308 rounds, so the .260 feeds just fine. Rob and Nomad have had no trouble with the Creedmore, and others are running the 6.5x47 from AICS mags with no trouble. I really doubt there would be enough difference feeding to even be perceptible. So, it's back to which one tickles your fancy.

The 6.5x47 and 6.5 Creedmoor both have 30 degree shoulders and all other case dimensions are very close. If one works the other should equally well. The .260Rem might be ever so slightly smoother feeding due to the 20 degree shoulder, but in actual fact it's probably a wash.

I did have a prob in 6x47L with my 5 round mag with the 1st of five wanting to dive down.I did some modification to the mag and the problem is solved.Ten round mags work great.

Steve

I have had no problems whatsoever with 6.5x47 feeding from AI mags, both 5 and 10 rd.

I have a Armalite on order and when i get it i will let you know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: citabria</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Armalite on order and when i get it i will let you know. </div></div>

In what caliber?