• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

More Holosun ACSS reticle nonsense

The first time I shot with a dot on a pistol, I didn't even have to try to have a correct grip or anything to hit where I was aiming.

I don't understand needing a massive ring to help you "find" the dot. How many people are so functionally retarded they can't aim a handgun?

Reactions: Makinchips208
When I went from a 1911 to a glock 19 with an rmr I had a hard time acquiring the dot. A little practice drawing from the holster fixed it though.

Reactions: Makinchips208
Don't have one nor I doubt I'll ever do but I could somewhat see the case as a piggyback on top of an ACOG for PVS14 passive aiming.
Although one could argue that if you're running that kind of gear, you should have the level of proficiency to be able to acquire the dot right away.

Reactions: XP1K
That wasn't because of the dot.
It was the different grip angle of the two pistols.
Yeah I had to nose it down hard. In that case I could maybe see the value in the acss reticle. But it wasn't nothing that couldn't be overcome with a little practice.

I didn't have that problem before I mounted the rmr. I always caught the front sight in my peripheral and pushed it out on target. After the rmr I could no longer see the front sight. Tall sights fixed that for me. The more I shoot it, the more it becomes second nature.

It's like anything else, you have to put the time in.