• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes More Mark 6 3-18's with M5C2 turrets

What's the difference between the function of newer C2 turrets? and why does it seem that model is priced higher for the comparably M5B2 turret models? is there a link to all the new models and specs of each?

C2 turrets are lower profile different locking system and I'd imagine more precise and tactile. The b2 turrets are not the best

Saw this on SWFA after being linked there in a thread I was reading. They show three different scopes with the C2 turrets. Hopefully this means they will be available on the mil side but not as the DAGR system and with the TMR. Anyone know any more about this? I want the Mark 6 but would prefer the C2 turret.

SWFA Riflescopes Leupold Tactical Riflescopes Leupold Mark 6 Riflescopes

That's the thing, there is nothing on Leupold's website except for the DAGR which is the whole system I think; scope, mount, and aimpoint. Lowlight did a review on the DAGR and loved the elevation turret and I agree with his reasoning. Plus its quite a but more low profile and is aesthetically pleasing, which is not so important but I like clean guns. Maybe they will show up on Leupold's site soon.

C2 turrets are lower profile different locking system and I'd imagine more precise and tactile. The b2 turrets are not the best

Really? compared to what? They are audible, tactical, and very precise. I don't know what more you're looking for, or comparing them to.

I don't like any kind of locking turret, but I know we're all getting stuck with them. M2 is pretty simple though. That's a big plus IMO.

I can't speak to it from experience, but I'd think a lower profile turret would be hard to see over your rings, even with Spuhr rings.

Last edited:
Really? compared to what? They are audible, tactical, and very precise. I don't know what more you're looking for, or comparing them to.

I don't like any kind of locking turret, but I know we're all getting stuck with them. M2 is pretty simple though. That's a big plus IMO.

I can't speak to it from experience, but I'd think a lower profile turret would be hard to see over your rings, even with Spuhr rings.

The mark 6 I have has a pretty shitty elevation turret. Trying to turn it without unlockin you can easily move the turret +-.05 mils which makes it incredibly difficult to determine exactly where you are on the turret. The clicks are not crisp like the majority of other scopes I've used

What scopes are you comparing them to? I've had Premier, Nightforce, Bushnell ERS, Bushnell HDMR. Turned plenty of S&Bs.

I don't feel any of them blow the MK6 out of the water when it comes to turrets. I just got up and twisted on mine. You're lucky if it's .05. IMO it's clear what mark you're on. My ERS would mush around about a .10 , and the HDMR was spaced out enough to not be able to see a difference.

Are you comparing this to other scopes with locking turrets?

I'm comparing to scope with non locking turrets like nightforce, luepold mark 4 and s&b.aube I'm hit not used to the locking turrets or maybe I tried to turn the turret too hard whole it was locked and somehow damaged something. Maybe it needs more time to break in but that was my initial impression and the only thing I didn't like about the scope. Everything else on it is phenomenal for the price I paid. I guess I don't really see the point of a locking turret unless you use a Horus reticle. Even then I'm not a fan because of the care and time needed to level the gun before shooting. I much prefer to dial in for my first shot and make small adjustments with the reticle thereafter. Maybe I'm being too critical but with the spacing of the .1 mil marks so close I have a hard time quickly seeing where the damn thing is at.

I'm comparing to scope with non locking turrets like nightforce, luepold mark 4 and s&b.aube I'm hit not used to the locking turrets or maybe I tried to turn the turret too hard whole it was locked and somehow damaged something. Maybe it needs more time to break in but that was my initial impression and the only thing I didn't like about the scope. Everything else on it is phenomenal for the price I paid. I guess I don't really see the point of a locking turret unless you use a Horus reticle. Even then I'm not a fan because of the care and time needed to level the gun before shooting. I much prefer to dial in for my first shot and make small adjustments with the reticle thereafter. Maybe I'm being too critical but with the spacing of the .1 mil marks so close I have a hard time quickly seeing where the damn thing is at.

I agree I don't like locking turrets either. It's a requirement though for contracts. Some companies offer both, many do not.

I don't know if this makes a difference on the locking turret issue, but the C2 only locks on the zero. When the button is depressed and off zero it is not locked.

I don't know if this makes a difference on the locking turret issue, but the C2 only locks on the zero. When the button is depressed and off zero it is not locked.

Wow that would actually be ideal for my needs. You think there is any chance they could swap out the b2 turrets for the c2 on the future? I'd even pay a couple hundred bucks for it

Am I missing something or are the new M5C2 about $500 more than the standard M5B2? Is the turret the ONLY change between the two because that's a big jump!

The models with the c2 are also illuminated and have a hous reticle

I am not sure if they will swap the turrets but I thought I read somewhere that someone asked and Leupold said no, but I would assume that will probably change in the future. As to the $500 upcharge, it is also illuminated, if that makes it worth $500 more along with the different turrets.

Where are you guys seeing an illuminated model with Horus reticle and c2 turrets for 500 dollars more than the 2100 dollar base model? I'm see like over a 1000 dollar difference for illumination and different turrets

Yeah, that's quite the price hike. Hell on Leupolds site they advertise the TMR with illumination @ $4,000

Where are you guys seeing an illuminated model with Horus reticle and c2 turrets for 500 dollars more than the 2100 dollar base model? I'm see like over a 1000 dollar difference for illumination and different turrets

Exactly....The model comparison example I was talking about for $500 more was the MK6 Tremor M5C2(NEW) VS the original M5B2 Tremor w' locking turrets neither with illum. There is no way Leupold will add C2 turrets and Illum for only $500 more. I hope I am wrong because that would be awesome and I would take a couple of them with TMR for sure, not interested in the Tremor at all.

I would pay $2500 for the illuminated w/c2 turrets. Unfortunately they want 4k+. I suspect they got a gov contract for them at that price which inflates the commercial price beyond what many of us find reasonable.

Exactly....The model comparison example I was talking about for $500 more was the MK6 Tremor M5C2(NEW) VS the original M5B2 Tremor w' locking turrets neither with illum. There is no way Leupold will add C2 turrets and Illum for only $500 more. I hope I am wrong because that would be awesome and I would take a couple of them with TMR for sure, not interested in the Tremor at all.

I am hoping they do a C2 with the TMR as well.

I would pay $2500 for the illuminated w/c2 turrets. Unfortunately they want 4k+. I suspect they got a gov contract for them at that price which inflates the commercial price beyond what many of us find reasonable.

I happen to be local to Leupold and ran into a Leupold employee at the range. He told me they are currently filling government contracts for multiple versions of the MK6 3-18 - several different reticles, some with illumination, some without. He stated that some versions of the MK6 will be in short supply on the consumer market due to this. We didn't discuss any issues relating to pricing though... sorry.

Wow that would actually be ideal for my needs. You think there is any chance they could swap out the b2 turrets for the c2 on the future? I'd even pay a couple hundred bucks for it

I talked to the head of the leupold tactical division at the NRA show this year. I don't remember his name but he told me "the lower profile turrets will never be offered as an upgrade to an existing mark 6". I was pretty bummed because its the one complaint I have about mine too.

Thanks for the info, that's a bummer. I guess I'll have to get used to a tremor2.

I talked to the head of the leupold tactical division at the NRA show this year. I don't remember his name but he told me "the lower profile turrets will never be offered as an upgrade to an existing mark 6". I was pretty bummed because its the one complaint I have about mine too.