• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

More Newby budget build questions?

JDBraddy

Private
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2011
San Antonio, TX.
Ok guys, Rem 700SPS AAC-SD .308Win, Leupold VX3 6.5-20X40. Used HSPrecision PST-012 stock came without sling swivel studs, and the ones I have in my scrap parts box where off a wood stock, so wrong thread and too long. Can anyone show me wich ones I need to buy for it?

Also, am considering getting a Jewel trigger, is this something I could buy and install myself like mounting my scope with a screwdriver, allen wrench, and no skill, or something I should pay a gunsmith to do? Found a place locally that says they supply and install it for $295

They also have an accurizing package wich they say includes pillar and glass bed the action, trigger tune, recrown, lap the lugs, check headspace, and ensure scope is properly mounted. They shoot test group, and provide sub-MOA guarontee for $450. The rifle already shoots MOA out to 300 strait from the box. Worth it, or would money be better spent elsewhere?
http://hillcountryrifles.com/

Re: More Newby budget build questions?

Yes the jewell trigger can be installed very easily without special tools. Just punch to the pins out and take the factory trigger out. Then put the jewell trigger in with the same pins. Very easy and you can get them from midway for about $200 and with a code they ship for free. Dont pay someone to install it.

As far as the accurizing package goes... It sounds like your happy with the way it shoots so why mess with it? If you dont reload then I would use the money on reloading equipment.