• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

More not snipery, but vintage

roostercogburn98

Fudd gun collector extraordinaire
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2010
In today’s episode of not snipery but vintage.

Walked into Smokey Mountain Knife Works in Sevierville, TN yesterday afternoon. We were just passing through and did some sightseeing, also checked out Buds Guns.

Walking around the store, I always look for the “old”, or trade in section of the store. Most times I don’t find it, but SMKW had one on the back wall kinda tucked away. They had all kinds of old “pocket” style knives like Case, Old Timer, and such. Towards the end of the cabinet they’re were two little gems that caught my eye. One was a Randall #1, the other was this Colt Tuck Away.

So the basics of what I know and anyone can chime in.
Colt Tuck Away Hunter made by Barry Woods knives. This particular one is a 3rd variation, and they were all made between 1969-1973 iirc. They’re were around 2,500 of this variation made with approximately 15,300 of all variations made. This one has the original box, outer sleeve, and sheath. The sheath has never seen a belt through it, and appears as new like it shipped.
E44856DB-CE66-4494-AFFA-6329034F18C4.jpeg
556A64DE-2647-4AC3-AEF9-8B87892ADCA9.jpeg
3F9E7F24-BB08-4B3A-8FBD-24E39FF16322.jpeg
D0AC16BA-1CC8-41B0-AC84-3A9836AABF19.jpeg
34B59958-B3F7-4A58-A62A-00B30A6932A3.jpeg
D02E836C-981B-4EF8-B594-EF371E774418.jpeg
FC2214D2-8E70-40FB-BB82-23FEC961F36F.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh and did you buy the Randall?

Sirhr
I should have but didn’t. I have been contemplating calling them up and seeing if I can get it today. Oddly enough they don’t list their old stuff on the website, so you have to be in the store to see it.

Reactions: ZG47A
Kimberly 82G. I assume that it is the standard American 3/8" groove designed for target diopter sights.
Don’t have a Kimber 82g, never have. Not sure what they use

Known a lot of dudes over the years that are knife gurus, that’s a realm that’s never caught my itch in the collectable world. Always just been a blade on my gerber that opens my mre type of guy. I will say however I can appreciate an old classic knife and that one looks pretty cool

Known a lot of dudes over the years that are knife gurus, that’s a realm that’s never caught my itch in the collectable world. Always just been a blade on my gerber that opens my mre type of guy. I will say however I can appreciate an old classic knife and that one looks pretty cool
You ate MREs? I bet you had a cool life.

We should hang out in real life. We might be ok friends

@sirhrmechanic

Chewed on it for a few days and sent an email to SMKW. The fella who buys, sells, and runs the collector corner for them called me last night about that Randall. He said if it was on the shelf this morning when they opened he would grab it and have customer service call me so I could buy it. I’ll hold off on details, but I believe it is a unique #1 as well.

Fuckered up and bought the Randall #1. Will post pics when it shows ip even though it isn’t what I’d consider “vintage”. Probably made around 1998 or so.

Edit to this as it is actually not a #1. It appears to be an RKS5 which is a knife made for the Randall Knife Society Club. It was only available for purchase by a club member like the previous 4 models.