• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

More of this needed

Pester

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2012
Northern CA
1. Listen to this kids comments..... More of a man than most 30 yr olds I run into School groundskeeper joins in patriotic class ritual | On Air Videos | Fox News
2. I was in Denver/Portland/Dallas/dont really recall, doesnt really matter airport a week ago. As I and another 150 people sat waiting for another delayed flight there was this skinny, out of his element, YOUNG kid that walked up to a McDonalds and start rumaging through his pack/pockets. Not only did it look like he was just out of basic but he did not have enough money to buy what he wanted. As I was getting up to go talk to the kid a business man barged his way to the head of the Mcdonalds line, lays down some cash and walks away. The cashier calls the kid back and loads him up. I am not sure what $20 bucks worth of Mc D's would look like but this kid graciously took it and looked around for whoever covered him. The kid never figured it out and the business man never made eye contact....just kept working on his laptop.

Turns out the business man was on the same flight I was so I shared a little of the story with the flight attendant. Its kind of a cool noise when a full South West flight REALLY appluads someone.

The kid got a full belly and deserved appreciation, the business man got a plane full of unexpected appreciation and 30 red bags of South West pretzels, and I got to add my part in hopes that if someone sees my nephew in an airport looking lost and out of his element that they step up and help that unshopisticated kid from outside Memphis

More of this happens than is ever given credit! Not just towards our troops but towards all people. It just rarely makes the news because in most cases its just not news worthy. The world has the potential to be a much nicer place and it continues to get better. The more examples of behavior like this are recognized and praised.. Instead of giving fame and recognition to those who do bad! Could you imagine how much better the world would be if when you sat down to watch the news the top story was ALWAYS! something like this and 75% of the rest of the news was focused on the good

Last edited: