• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

More on ATF Stabilizing Brace Policy:

Here's what will happen: people like the OP will ask the ATF for more "clarifications" and the ATF will again slam the door shut on shouldering a firearm using a "brace." I mean, it's not like this letter and its contents have not already been commented on ad naseum already on every gun forum known to man. :)

Not confusing.
It's a pistol with a brace until someone tries to make it more like a rifle stock by perm attaching or removing the pesky strap or doing anything else to make it more comfortable to shoulder. If a pistol with a brace goes near and/or touches the shoulder of the shooter, it does not re-manufacture the firearm into a rifle.
Just don't put a brace on a pistol with the intention of using it like a stock. If it happens to touch your shoulder during use, then don't worry about it.

Now people just need to stop worrying about this non issue, as well as not to try and "purpose" braces as designated stocks on their pistols.
End of conversation.

I think the more it's talked about the worse it will get... seems pretty clear to me: if you've got a brace and it happens to touch your shoulder you're GTG. If you modify it to be a stock then you're in trouble.