• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes More on Spotting scopes

dgwelsh

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2007
Chestertown, MD
Since there are a couple threads now about spotting scopes, would anyone care to offer their opinion on the best, price no object.
thanks
dgwelsh

Re: More on Spotting scopes

Swarovski ATS 65 HD. (or STS 65 HD if you like straight eyepiece)

I like the Leupold Mark 4 12-40x60 tactical. It's compact and rugged. Great for field use.

Shooter: Kowa 883 (Fluorite lenses)

tsn883x350.jpg

Coach/observer (fixed locations): Kowa Highlanders (Fluorite lenses)

Kowa_High_Lander_32xWIDE__P.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sinister</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Coach/observer (fixed locations): Kowa Highlanders (Fluorite lenses)

</div></div>

HOLY BIG EYES Batman!

$4K for bino's. Wow.

I will stick with my Kruger APR for a while longer. At least until I can get my hands on a Bushnell Excursion Tactical. But that's nowhere near the "unlimited" price range.

There's a guy at my local range who has well over 50k in guns with him each time he shoots and he uses an Alpen 20-60x80 and swears it's much better than just about everything else he's tried and it only runs in the 500 dollar range. I've looked through it next to a high end Leupold and I think he's right.

They must all be 1866 winchesters that he shoots at 50 yards.

Zeiss, Swaro, Leica.... that's it

From what I'm learning, the Optics Gods can smile on a particular batch, run or even a specific scope. Given the variations I've seen on different samples of the same model, I'm willing to believe the planets have aligned for this gentleman.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Then I guess we should all buy BSA and NC Star LMAO! </div></div>

Naw, I'm not saying that, just that there are some pretty big quality variances even within the same make and model. Chance greatly favors the high end stuff.
And if you're gonna take that gamble... Dream BIG! Go ATN!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sinister</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shooter: Kowa 883 (Fluorite lenses)

tsn883x350.jpg

Coach/observer (fixed locations): Kowa Highlanders (Fluorite lenses)

</div></div>

There you go right there. Done deal.

Anyone know who offers a spotting scope in lower price range that has a mil reticle?