• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

more rangfinder ?'s

shanem81

Private
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2011
montana
Does anyone have any first hand use of the bushnell 1600 arc or the newcon 2000 pro. I currently have an older leica lrf 1200 that i'm borrowing, and sometimes i can't get it to range much past 1000. I would like to buy my own but can't decide if i either one would be as good or better than what i have.

Re: more rangfinder ?'s

I have the 1600 Fusion Arc binoculars in 10x42 and previously had a set of Leica LRF 1200s... there is no comparison. The Bushnell gets readings off objects the Leica can't and reaches out much further and does so very consistently. The Bushnell will get readings out to and a little beyond the advertised 1600 yard range depending on the size & reflectivity of the target.

The bushnells are pretty decent binoculars too. While the image has a blue tint the constrast & detail is pretty good; so good I ended up selling off my old Steiner Nighthunters too.

My biggest gripe with the Bushnells is even on maximum display brightness the display can sometimes be hard to read on very bright days with a light background. My other gripe is there needs to be a mode to display ranged distance, elevation angle, and actual horizontal distance up to the maximum range of the unit. Selecting "bow" mode does exactly this (it will display ranged distance, angle, and calculated horizontal distance) but it only displays the calculated horizontal distance out to about 200 yards.

I guess i should have stated that i was talking about just the rangefinder, as i don't know if the binos have the same setup. But none the less thaks for the info. I'm leaning more to the bushnell's at this point, just don't want to regret buying a crappy one.

Don't think the monocular 1600 Buchnells are the same, GBMaryland did a test of them in one of the other sections, I also had a leica 1200 and sold them, no comparison with my new 1600 Fusion Arc Bino's have ranged a brick house at 1800, highway signs at 1500+ poles and flags at 1100 and steel plates out to 1k easily and with no issue of having to take repeated readings to get these. Love and have got use to the low brightness of the display even turned up all the way.

I believe the LRF unit will have the same range in both of them.