• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes More scope opinions needed OPINIONS!!!!

danb303

Minuteman
Jan 26, 2009
Alabama
I am looking for a "budget scope " for a SPS Tactical 223. I am looking at the following 3 scopes and would like input on any or all. Thanks in advance.

1. Konuspro M30 6.5 -25
good- Ill ret., 25 mag, it's on sale for $269
bad- 1/8" clicks, it's heavy 28.9 oz

2.Hawke Sidewinder 6-24 x 56 ($375)
Ill ret. I like the SR ret

3.Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44. ($400)
smallest scope but not Illuminated. very short eye relief (3.1-3.3)

Re: More scope opinions needed OPINIONS!!!!

that's what I was thinking...LOL

Vortex is better than the others you listed by a wide margin.

... on a 223 you don't need a ton of eye relief. That being said... I'd not buy any of those scopes.

Vortex...

Also check out some of the Bushnell 4200 ELITE line on sale at most places atm...

.223 wont need much eye relief
smile.gif

+1 on the Vortex, and if I may suggest Scott at liberty optics sells Vortex and very good to deal with.

You asked for opinions so....

1. Crap
2. Crap
3. Best on your list

Like Killer Penguin said, I wouldn't buy any of them but I would (and have several times) buy my optics from Scott.

Vortex is definitely the superior on that list. I would also give a look at the Elite line from Bushnell. For 2011 they combined the 4200 and 3200 line and gave everything the same features as the 4200 line and improved the coatings. Around the same price as the Viper, maybe a little more depending on which model you choose. The new Elite line will be out soon, but between the Elites and the Viper, you might be splitting hairs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KeithR41</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like Killer Penguin said, I wouldn't buy any of them but I would (and have several times) buy my optics from Scott. </div></div>

This.

There is no optics dealer like Liberty Optics. Best in the business.