• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

More tragic news in the world of hockey

Keyser Söze

Private
Minuteman
Apr 25, 2011
The KHLs (Russias NHL) top team, Lokomotiv was set to fly to Belarus to its season opener, but the plane crashed, reportedly killing the entire team, as well as some of its youth prospects.

As a Wings fan, this especially hits home with me, as McCrimmon, Lokomotivs head coach this season has been the Wings defensive coach for the past few seasons. And Ruslan Salei, who played defense for us last year, and just had a baby, was also set to play for Lokomotiv this season, and was also reportedly on the plane.

After all the deaths of NHLers this summer, I thought the tragedies were finally over...

Sad, sad day.

This has been absolutely horrible summer for the world of hockey.

Edit:

link to story on NHL.com

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=587792

Re: More tragic news in the world of hockey

Wow, I'm not a huge hockey fan, but it is horribly tragic. All those dedicated athletes and the families affected encompass a lot of people devastated.

Not to mention the true hockey fans of the world.

Sad day for sports not just hockey.

That is tragic.

Not to make light of the situation but you know John Madded must look at news like this and think, "SEE, I told ya!"

My heart sank the other day when I heard the news...

Really can't say more about the loss, its just crazy! A whole fuckin team? Really???

Tragic. I know people who knew some of the killed players personally.

Condolanses to families and friends.

I live and work in Oslo and some of my friends at work were only "inches" or "seconds" away from getting killed by the terrorist bomb 7/22. Some of our offices are only 150m from were the 950kg carbomb went off.

And now 9/11 10 years after..

It's been a stange summer.