• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing More yotes...finally got to get out

BgBmBoo

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Finally a buddy and I were able to get away for some yote bust'in. Got 3 in a two day time period. We saw a total of 18. Most were 600+ yrds out and running across the hills.

Take care,Stan

Re: More yotes...finally got to get out

Jesus Stan! was that an execution style killin? Looks like you stuck the muzzle under his chin and pulled the trigger.

Did you call it in?

Chupa

Nice going on the coyotes. Thought you would be shooting that new rifle at those ranges.

The longest shot was 120 yrds. The one with the blown out kneck was taken by my friend at about 20yrds.
Yep...used the FoxPro OCC for all our calling.

The "new rifle" was not in my possession at the time...nor would I be using it for hunting at that location. To much hiking and that thing is kindda heavy.

Take care,Stan

I thought maybe you were taking some long shots when you said you seen several out at 600 +. I have a field behind my house that I can see coyotes in a lot farther than I am capable of shooting. I hope too have a gun capable of those kind of ranges in the next couple of months. It would be fun to sit in the back yard and set up on one out there mouseing at that range and see if I could hit him. Right now I am still just practicing. I feel pretty confident out too four hundred if I have enough time. Most of the time my shots are two hundred, or a lot less when I am calling.

Guys out west have then long shot veiws to dream about them dogs folding up from their shot. Us here in s.east part of the country have it up and in your face(shotgun style)for the most part. Still dreaming of finding that open area out to 300yds with that yote's arss begging to be spattered. No education programs,drill the yote the first time around.