• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Morels are popping up.

SuperSeal110

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2005
Michigan
The g/f and I found these yesterday under some apple tree's.

DSCI0053.jpg

Re: Morals are popping up.

I've got to figure out the allure of these damn things... Folks in KC were on a mission for em!

BTW, it's Morels

Guys here in KC are asking for $40 per gallon zip-loc. Friends of mine have been finding them around here for a couple of weeks, but I haven't found any in my usual spot in the back yard
cry.gif

Fried 'Shrooms are an absolute treat! Good pickins for the first taste of the year
wink.gif

Thanks for the reminder! I always forget to get out this time of year to look.

OH I will be out looking tomorrow for sure. Super what kinds of areas are you finding them in right now? I have tons of state land so any info would help me narrow it down.

Thirty some bucks a pound around here. Record numbers of mushroom hunters this season.....(around here) and alot of large,early yellows this season! Tough trying to kill a turkey with people popping up from every direction on state lands. My dad found about 20 pounds a couple days ago from the secret hot spot in indiana. Sometimes it's a 20 foot area in a 6 acre woods that's the only place they'll grow. No rhyme or reason to morels, I think the michigan dnr had a research program dedicated to figuring them out, and the whole deal was abandonned a few years later.....wrote off to being a non patternable mystery of nature or something.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricF517</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OH I will be out looking tomorrow for sure. Super what kinds of areas are you finding them in right now? I have tons of state land so any info would help me narrow it down. </div></div>

Got these under some apple trees. Apple and elms are good.

Morels are great.living here in missouri we get lots of them every spring.They grow best here on the east side of hills in the shade.As soon as the sun hits them they are ruined.