• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Moron Reloader on GB

jmornoinf

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2019
Check out this idiot on GB selling M856 tracer bullets wedged in a 5.45x39 case. I pointed this out to the seller and he continues to offer them. Why are people so damn dumb?

1583541227261.png

• Haha
Reactions: THEIS and wade2big
WTH?? About .002 stuck in the neck. Hope anyone dumb enough to shoot these, single loads. No way in hell. Mac(n)

Reactions: Bender
I know of a guy that makes those and swages the bullets first.

Hi,

As does that guy...he only makes his living pretty much running his reloading company.

Sincerely,
Theis

When I was still in the surplus game it was pretty common.

Well to add a little salt, I sometimes load 54R projos in a 300wm an a 308 as well,... depending the target an what I need/want done to it. Books are nothing but guide lines,... Wait until you learn to load triplex powder charges with timing buffers to just a 308 by 150-200fps or a 300wm by almost 350-400fps over the fastest, in the box book loads. Yes it can be done, but like all things in life, to get something you must give up something.

I guess my 20 or so years of reloading mean nothing because I have no idea what you guys are talking about. What's a triplex load or a timing buffer?

3 different powder burn rates, with a buffer that blunts the burn threw time between the different burn rates.
Max,..SAFE,... pressure, is max,..SAFE,... pressure Period. However holding that max safe pressure until bullet exit is something totally different. It's very easy to over pressure the gun or brass fired in it. The trick is to max the pressure to the point there is no bolt lift issue, but when you eject that piece of new brass you just fired, the primer falls out of the pocket. Yet there are no pressure marks on the brass at all. Do not try anything like that with any semi auto,... unless it's of the design of safe pressure unlocking after the projo is 100% free, of the barrel.

Duplex, triplex charges is a really bad idea.

Anything is a bad idea if you exceed your capabilities, but this is more common than you think. I dabbled a couple of decades ago, but with adult supervision. Never got serious because I didn't really have a need, just curious.

Minor duplex loading are more common than many know. Even with a Fed 215 primer there are powders that still require a fast burning pistol powder being the first in the case. Why ? because some very larger powder charges down below zero will have hang fires, some of the time. This very common in large dangerous game loading's, years ago where a hang fire will get you,... killed.

There are many things one can do outside of book loading's, as book loading are for those who require training wheels all their life's in that area. Most people need training wheels in many areas,... all their life,,... but just because they need them in one area does not mean they need them,...in all.

Have you ever wondered why some book max loads are in the 40K psi range, when the chambering being loaded has a max working pressure of 65K or better?

Also remember book loading have to be safe in every/anything that has ever been made in that chambering, no matter the action type or barrel length. This is highly evident, in the 30-06 loading's.
DO NOT TRY THIS, but I have safely ran 190 smks to within 75-100FPS of 300wm 190 smk book vols but,...if you try to do that in very old weapons, you'll have a face & arms fucked up for life, if you live threw it.

Reloading w/o book guidance is not a forgiving area that those with training wheels need/want to play in.

Powders behave differently. What happened beyond that 40K listed book max that the tester decided that charge should be book max? There is room to play, but the margins get real tight real fast.

Hi,

For everyone talking about this is dangerous in regards to the OP information really needs to CEASE shooting ALL jacketed projectiles immediately since they are ALL manufactured via the same swagging methods used by the business in the OP link.

Just because something is "new" to you or it is something that you might not understand fully...does not make it dangerous. Only dangerous to you.

Duplex/Triplex loads......not for beginners or faint of heart ;)

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
My first ever handload I vised the rifle in a craftsman workmate and pulled the trigger with a string.

My first ladder test, I grit my teeth hoping I read the book right and measured correctly.

I don't have enough balls to make powder cocktails and will stick to strait shots with a slight over pour.

This.....this is why you read the thread before you comment........
Ugh forgive me, after 4 years without a cold this this week slammed me. Feel like I got hit by a bus then habanero soaked cotton stuffed into my sinuses.

I don't think tracers have a place outside of combat.

3 indoor ranges in North Texas have cought fire and two of them burnt to the ground just for some fun while the rso turned his back.

No public range will allow them and most landowners would toss you if not safe with them.

I put them in a class with tannarite, too many kids playing badly with them make a mess for the others.

Reactions: EddieNFL
Here we've had over 25" of rain since the first of the year. Tracer away.

In this great country we live in. It's not illegal to do stupid shit. If you know what you are doing have a great time. If you have any inkling of saying "hold my beer and watch this" please please get someone to record it.
Obviously this item would not be for sale if it's not commonly used. Not knowing should probably lead to questions about it's use.
So here's mine.
Looking at how far out of the case the crimp cannelur is. How much is in the case and is that case that full of powder?

Reactions: Snuby642
Snow, rain, gravel / sand / rock / barren ground, all perfect places for incinerating toys.

Irresponsible kids that can't understand that ruin it for others.

I like to have fun with things also.

Leftover contaminated gun powder is fun in a safe place.

Step 2. Grit teeth pull trigger?
The better way is a tire, no rim, stock butt into tire, strap for-end down with a rope or whatever lay a heavy rug over the action an barrel. A Long string to the bed of the truck you're in,...ask me how I know? Never have blown one up, have stuck a bolt or two though.
One word of caution!!!
The old adage of pressure will always show up in bolt lift first,.... is TOTAL BULLSHIT. I was dicking around with a 700 Rem in 7mm rm in another life, an was using a single burn rate powder. It went from one hole groups an NO pressure signs at all, to blowing the primer an giving me,... Gas Eye,... with a single 1/10 (0.1)of a grain increase. I duplicated that issue 5 times in a row, so it was not a fluke by any means. If you're not using books for loading, just be aware what can go wrong real quick. Reloading is a interesting an fun hobby, but only if you get to old age with your eyes, all body parts, an still alive,...LOL

There is a whole world of combos that can be very interesting an some can give a huge tactical advantage if need be, if you (A) think out of the box an (B) live thru your R&D process,...:p:)

edit for spellingg

Last edited:
Reactions: Snuby642