• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mos-tek

PRSDietitian

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2023
Texas
Considering a 6.5 creed ar-10 and came across a barrel tier list on reddit

Came across mos-tek and it was in the same tier as rainier arms ultra match barrels.

Anyone have experience with these? Maybe for long range use?

I remember @TonyTheTiger has a barrel with a long gas system from them. Hopefully he can chime in.

They're on my list to try when I have time to build something a little different... like a light-profile 16" rifle-gassed 6mm ARC.

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
Some info in the 8.6 Blk thread. @DacianMH has used them with good results. I have one I’ve not shot yet so can’t help much. Took 5 months to get when the quote was 2 I think. That being said they take your bolt and headspace it correctly. They also had their main reamer guy leave so put them behind.

Reactions: DRWilson
Some info in the 8.6 Blk thread. @DacianMH has used them with good results. I have one I’ve not shot yet so can’t help much. Took 5 months to get when the quote was 2 I think. That being said they take your bolt and headspace it correctly. They also had their main reamer guy leave so put them behind.
Ahhh that stinks he left. Only place that has any top tier blank manufacturers like bartlein or krieger that, I'm hoping isnt like a year long wait like Craddock(no offense, I do love their barrels regardless) is compass lake. Not 100% sure on their lead times currently but I do love their work but what little I found on Mos-Tek sounded promising.

I remember @TonyTheTiger has a barrel with a long gas system from them. Hopefully he can chime in.

They're on my list to try when I have time to build something a little different... like a light-profile 16" rifle-gassed 6mm ARC.
I do indeed. It's a 5.56 and has only ever worn a 6x LPVO, so I'm probably not the guy for an in depth accuracy review. That said, all my 69 and 77gr loads easily shoot 3/4 moa or better very consistently. That's better than my requirements for this rifle, although I'd like to throw a real scope on it someday and see what it's capable of.
It also looks fantastic, quality is great and working with Mos-Tek is a pleasure.

I do indeed. It's a 5.56 and has only ever worn a 6x LPVO, so I'm probably not the guy for an in depth accuracy review. That said, all my 69 and 77gr loads easily shoot 3/4 moa or better very consistently. That's better than my requirements for this rifle, although I'd like to throw a real scope on it someday and see what it's capable of.
It also looks fantastic, quality is great and working with Mos-Tek is a pleasure.
I’m wanting to build a “poor man’s” m110 in 6.5 creed and they seem reasonable in price. And it looks like they can custom contour as well

Reactions: TonyTheTiger