• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mosin Nagant bent pu bolt or service?

KnightOfNee

The One
Minuteman
Aug 19, 2010
I have a nagant that I'm looking to get a real or replica or as last resort, service to modify a straight bolt to the bent sniper pu bolt.
I'm not crazy for the more modern looking bolts, I want it to look atleast somewhat original, do any of you know of anybody who has one in stock or does good service for this? seems like everywhere is either out of stock or service not provided anymore.

Don't most guys get em hot with a torch and bend them? I knew a guy that broke one that way.

Last edited:
^^^ yes. That was how they were done originally, too. Any decent gunsmith should be able to do that very quickly then reblue.

Wartime Soviet’s didn’t spend a lot on R&D or jigs or fancy tooling. If GOSPLAN said “Stalin wants some bent bolts for fraternal party snipers” then someone got out the torch and started bending until he had bent the number he was told to bend… or until told to stop. If no one told him to stop, he would have kept bending bolts every day until he died of old age in 1975…. It’s how things worked over there. Or didn’t.

So don’t overthink it. Just look at some pictures and have a gunsmith do it to look “right.”

Cheers, Sirhr

Reactions: Rookie