• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Mosin Nagant M44 at night

bohem

PVA's HMFIC
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2009
Southeast, PA
www.patriotvalleyarms.com
Ammo was some surplus MG ammo from the seige of Stalingrad. 110grn RN bullet jacket only filled with plastic. Total bullet weight was about 36 grains, made for short distance mowing down of personnel. No change to powder load though so in a short barreled bolt action it makes blinding fireballs.

One with my dad
P2134906.JPG

One with me

P2134908.JPG

One with my dad and Tannerite. ISO was too slow for a great fireball, I'm going to try again another time when I'm home.

P2134900.JPG

Re: Mosin Nagant M44 at night

Thats is just cool!

The ammo sounds a bit odd but the picture is great. Lots of fire power there! Wouldn't want to be in front of that gun.

Yeah, the ammo is a complete oddball. I don't remember where my dad and his buddies dug up a whole crate (10 cases) of the stuff but it makes pretty good plinker ammo for what he paid for it.

From what he was telling me the Ruskies figured out that the bullets landing on their side of the city were .310ish and not .323 caliber, so they didn't come from an 8x57 Mauser fed weapon. They switched to this little RN jacket and filled it with plastic or wax to make sure that the bullet would loose energy very fast, outside of 200 yards it's worthless. They of course didn't change their loading factories and just shot the slow powder that went into the standard rifle rounds and used full charges. From an M44 it makes massive fireballs from all the unburned powder.

Thanks guys, positive comments from this crowd means a lot.

I think I'm going to do some more of these in the next few months, maybe shoot some Tannerite and see if I can get 2 good fireballs.