• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mosin Sniper real testing...

Great shooting and good to see some practical shooting from different positions, as well. Good video!

John

Last edited:
Yeah Ive built a few full chassis long range rigs and love shooting them all, but it's great to take out stuff like the Mosin and see what can be achieved.

It's also very good practice for shooting in a position other than prone, which comes in handy for hunting.

Yeah Ive built a few full chassis long range rigs and love shooting them all, but it's great to take out stuff like the Mosin and see what can be achieved.

It's also very good practice for shooting in a position other than prone, which comes in handy for hunting.

Doctr

Vid MIA; any chance bringing it back? Feel like I am missing something now ;)

Hmmmm where did it go?

Doc

Got it now, and the original is back on screen too! Good vid, awesome target locations and great shooting off hands and seating. Glad you decided to "make a contribution", it is a good one; where are you located?

I'm in New Zealand

I actually just finished a clip on this a WW1 built Mauser GEW sniper complete with Goerz optic.
It's all 1916 dated and seems to shoot great!

Doctr-

Where away in New Zealand? North or South, and if North anywhere near Palmerston?

I've been known to show up 'round Pohangina from time to time.

Steve

Yeah I'm in Wellington.

I have a range here and get a fair bit of shooting done which is nice

Yeah I'm in Wellington.

I have a range here and get a fair bit of shooting done which is nice

Doctr-

My wife grew up in Wellington and have spent a fair bit of time there. Wouldn't happen to know Mike Curtis who runs the lodge out by Castle Point? I used to go out there to shoot the old .303 Lee-Metford and .450 Martini at long range.

Steve

That name does ring a bell yes.
We are located on the southwestern coast of Wellington.

With any luck I'll have the Mauser clip up tomorrow.

For scope that's 100 years old the optics on the Goerz are quite amazing.

Nice rifle and great shooting. I enjoyed the video. I noticed you name on you tube, are you a fan of Doc's or just have the same name? Doc Watson is my all time favorite flatpicker, and his fingerpicking isn't too bad either...

Nice clip.. I subbed.. love those milsurps. Been thinking about picking up a second mosin and converting it to a PU sniper. I have a few milsurp videos on my youtube page: GarandThumb - YouTube

What camera are you using to record those long range shots?

For that clip I was just using the Nikon 510 42x optical zoom model.

I also use a canon which has some great features.

Rule of thumb you want at least 40x zoom all optical, non of this *digitally assisted zoom!!

Cool vid and nice shooting, curious tho were you using regular 'ol spam can 54r ammo?

Nice rifle & shooting .

He mentions using 303 bullets and ADI powder ( Hodgdons ) , so I would say , he is reloading ammo for it .

Later Chris