• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mossberg 4x4 LBA .308?

tt123

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2010
Denmark
I'm thinking about buying a new rifle, and recently saw that Mossberg were offering a model called the 4x4 LBA. I like the fact that it comes with a removable magazine, muzzle brake, and fluted barrel, and the price seems pretty good too. The only version of this that seems to be imported here is the one shown here in .308

http://www.mossberg.com/products/default.asp?id=27&display=feat

My plan is mainly to use it on the range from 200-600 meters, and occasionally out to about 800.

I really haven't heard much about Mossberg rifles at all, and even less about this particular model.

A quick search on this forum doesn't seem to turn up anything either... Perhaps I should take this as a sign that it's not suitable, since no-one here seems to use one?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Regards
tt123

Re: Mossberg 4x4 LBA .308?

looks cheap. go to them if u need a shotgun. go to remington if u need a rifle, colt if u need a 1911, ruger if u need a revolver etc etc. you get it. i dont like mossberg at all not even their shotguns but if i did go with one of their products i wouldnt go with one of their rifles

What do you want it for? I own a 4X4 in .308 and it's a decent hunting rifle that my wife hunts with. It's a 1 moa gun on a good day, so if your looking for a precision rifle, this is not the ticket. If your looking for a decent hunting rifle out to 200, then it's fine.

I used to sell them at Dicks Sporting Goods they are like the Remington 770's nothing great just an entry level hunting rifle pretty much.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SDP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I used to sell them at Dicks Sporting Goods they are like the Remington 770's nothing great just an entry level hunting rifle pretty much.</div></div>

Pretty much this. If you are looking for a hunting rifle to shoot things within 150 to 200 yds, it'll treat you just fine. Its definitely a minute of elk gun, meaning it'll shoot 2 MOA day in and day out.

Like all things in life, you get what you pay for.

Thanks for the replies gentemen. Looks like I'll be saving my money for another day.