• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Mossberg's New 940 JM Pro

Looks good! It's pretty much what my 930 JM Pro is after I added a OR3GUN Competition Kit and a SBE stainless competion piston. Ought to be ready to rock out of the box!

I'll probably pick one of these up... Going to quickly get rid of the gold/yellow anodizing... beyond that it looks like a good gun. I had a 930 JM that was fantastic, sold it to my BIL and it's still running pretty well. IIRC it was one that had a few issues with gas rings, but I might be mixing it up with a different gun. That's been addressed in the new gun though.

They claim 1500 rounds before cleaning... It would take me about a year to get there. I also like the flat elevator... no more thumb nails ripped off, or cuticles bleeding after a single stage...

The price is putting it real close to shotguns that are actually proven reliable.

For the price asked I think I would still pick-up a 930 JM Pro (24" barrel) add the OR3GUN stuff and a comp piston and be good. Don't need Briley chokes and they STILL didn't do shit to the forearm profile at the mag well (which keeps the bitey-ness at bay) or open up the mag well enough.

P.S. I'm not defending the 930 by any stretch but I do like it and got it cheap enough (599.00 at grab-A-gun. 22" barrel). Added the go fast parts because I don't want to "Clean like Jerry" and it's fun to shoot. Take it to the range to mess around but it's main purpose is to deliver 00 buck center mass if something goes bump in the night. It does its job well and looks good in all black! I mean black and gold, really? :D

Last edited:
The forearm profile is visibly a million times better, it doesn't hang an inch below the receiver like on the 930.

The forearm profile is visibly a million times better, it doesn't hang an inch below the receiver like on the 930.
Agreed but for $45.00 you can get this...
CNC-Quads-Cut.jpg

Sans logo of course. I don't do three gun so I don't need it but there are options. I would be curious to see if the 940 elevator would fit in my 930. Again, it is what it is. My 930 runs great. I'm happy with it :)

Just watched the above video, it definitely looks improved in almost every way from the 930. I even kinda like the gold, but its because I was a pimp in a previous life.

Specs look better too. Much better LOP adjustability range. Still heavy though. Not sure why they cut it's nuts off with a 9 round tube.

Look forward to checking one out.
Hope this one gets a better rep than it’s predecessor.

Anyone taken possession and ran one of one of these yet? Any feed back?
I’ve had one on order from RSR group for months.

I hope this one is a winner like the 930 JM Pro. My JM Pro has been a work horse! I'll choose it over my Benelli M2 Tactical anyday too.

Reactions: Floridaman
Don’t know if I’d change from the 930 unless there were problems with it and I haven’t had trouble with mine. If I were in the market for my first 3 gun style shotgun I’d definitely consider it

Reactions: Floridaman