• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

most accurate scale for reloading match ammo

Re: most accurate scale for reloading match ammo

Sure there are more accurate scales than the CM combo, but at what price? I wouldnt trade my CM 1500 Combo for anything! Best money I have ever spend on reloading gear!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this is IT....but its <span style="font-weight: bold">unobtainium</span>.....
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1046674#Post1046674 </div></div>

Even if it werent, unless you are shooting benchrest, I think its overkill. I could buy a lot of powder, primers and bullets for that price.

I will keep my 505 scale. It is slow, but it works.
YMMV

Match ammo to compete in what?

Speed isn't always accurate if you are shooting in the BR circles.

LR BR and you need to be very accurate in the charge weight.

I used a harrels and a scale that went XXX.XX. Turned out to be just a tad slower than the PACT system.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dsparil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">would the chargemaster combo be the most accurate or is there something more accurate out there? </div></div>
Not the most accurate, but a good compromise. A good balance bean is cheap, and would be the next best alternative. You can take your time, and get it to within a few kernels of accuracy. There are other digital scales out there, like the Acculab VIC-123, for about $200-$300. I use the VIC-123, and it's accurate to .02 grains. .02 grains is about 1 kernel of powder (+/- a little, depending on the powder).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sure there are more accurate scales than the CM combo, but at what price? I wouldnt trade my CM 1500 Combo for anything! Best money I have ever spend on reloading gear! </div></div>

Let me echo that. If it were not for my CM1500 I would not have been able to compete in F-class as much as I do now. I travel an awful lot and the CM allows me to load top quality ammo very quickly, sometimes even the night before a match. A balance beam scale is just to slow and difficult for my aging eyes. The CM1500 may not be the absolute best digital scale, but it is plenty good enough for me.

I use a lyman 1200.

My RCBS combo is always dead on against my Redding scale.