• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

most accurate subsonic 22lr?

SkaerE

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2001
The only blue part of VA :(
for you, what has it been?

i like to keep it subsonic since i shoot through a can. i've been using aguila 22lr subson for a while and it shoots ok... just wondering if there is something that most use that is better for the $$ before my next order... cant find anything locally these days.
frown.gif

thanks

Re: most accurate subsonic 22lr?

Most 22 target ammo is subsonic due to the turbulence that occurs which passing thru the sound barrier. Which is most accurate depends on your gun, etc.

RWS subsonics, ELEY , LAPUA . if you got good groups that you cant seem to improve on try one of these. the rws are about 5$ abox the others 7$ and up.

My rifle likes CCI Standard. Of course the high dollar stuff should work well for you....Wolf, Eley, RWS, Lapua.

I know this will stir up a hornets nest. I have had the best luck with Remington HP Subs. Yes I have tried RWS, wolf, CCI and others.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 14Dandy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know this will stir up a hornets nest. I have had the best luck with Remington HP Subs. Yes I have tried RWS, wolf, CCI and others. </div></div>

If that is what works best for you I don't see it as stirring up a hornets nest. Myself, I buy the Eley Sport which is actually subsonic at the elevation I shoot at, and I feel I've had good luck with this ammo at a very reasonable price.

ok... now who actually has the stuff in stock at a decent price?

i've attempted to check out at a couple places only to find out that everything i wanted is backordered...

=/

Have you run regular remington subsonic through it?

I dont have a can, but my 10/22 really did well with it and its not expensive.

My 10/22 likes fiocchi high velocity past 200 yds it is the most accurate. My 513T remington likes aguila gold eagle rifle match. About $30.00 a brick from cheaper than dirt. I think as it has been posted it depends on your stick and you.