• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Most realistic/unrealistic action/shooter movies?

Midwest Optics

Owner Midwest Optics
Minuteman
May 2, 2019
US
midwestoptics.net
Up and bored. Just curious on everyone's most realistic and unrealistic action shooter?

For me:

Realistic: John Wick (as far as gun use not the fact that he cant be killed) lol

Unrealistic: ANY of the Rambos lol

Realistic: Probably Act of Valor, American Sniper, Saving Private Ryan, etc.

Unrealistic: SWAT, Pay Check, Steven Seagal movies, most everything else Hollyweird puts out. I like a good flick, but guns, aircraft (helis in particular), and motorcycles in movies are all ruined for me because I “know too much,” says the wife. :ROFLMAO:

Unrealistic: SWAT, Pay Check, Steven Seagal movies, most everything else Hollyweird puts out. I like a good flick, but guns, aircraft (helis in particular), and motorcycles in movies are all ruined for me because I “know too much,” says the wife. :ROFLMAO:

Same here. I mean I can ignore the unrealisticness and enjoy the story and movie but at the end I'll be like that was totally unrealistic lol

• Haha
Reactions: Basher
....but guns, aircraft (helis in particular), and motorcycles in movies are all ruined for me because I “know too much,” says the wife. :ROFLMAO:

Yep, I get the "rolling eyes" all the time when I start pointing out inaccuracies. Sometimes it escalates to "Just shut up and watch the movie"!! LOL

I love it when they switch from one type of aircraft to a completely different type, and then back again, in the course of a single flight. Drives me NUTS!!

Then there's the Cessna 172 flight in one of the Terminator movies. They are flying a blue and white Cessna 172, and in the course of the flight the N number, painted in 12 inch high numbers on the side of the airplane for all to see, changes three times! Yep, they were all blue and white Cessna 172s, and that was good enough for the editors. At least they were all 172s!!

See what you've done? Now you got me started!!

How would you guys rate these? This is a series of videos that are promo material for a video game, Escape from Tarkov, that is set in a fictional country but based on the conflict in the Dombass region of Ukraine.

I though the combat sequences were pretty well done.

The dialogue is in Russian so turn on closed captioning, although I think some of the translation got screwed up.

Reactions: History
As stated in another thread...Trump would not be able to watch this with close captions as he cannot read. o_O

• Sad
Reactions: Zorrosdens
Most realistic: What @Basher said.

Most unrealistic: Any of the Matrix movies, Ultraviolet, Equilibrium, and/or Transformers.

EDIT: No, wait, I forgot the most unrealistic: Wanted. That one with James McAvoy, Angelina Jolie, and Morgan Freeman where these guys can curve the fucking bullet and make impossible shots with no bullet drop from a smoothbore jezail musket because of special bullets.

Reactions: flyer and davere
Blackhawk Down

Border crossing scene in Sicario.

<iframe width="1045" height="434" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Especially liked the "operator" with geek haircut and nerd glasses... believe it or not, this is what the typical SF "gray man" secret warrior looked like back in the day. Photo of "Det A" SF soldiers, Berlin Brigade below is a good example

1582322389465.png

Sicario,
Jeffrey Donovan as Steve Forsing

1582322785382.png

Last edited:
2nd most favorite

<iframe width="900" height="506" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Realistic, seems like act of valor since those were trained mil guys, some of the work in sicario seemed legit.

Unrealistic, wanted. The whole curving the bullet. John wick, while awesome, seems very exaggerated.

and to think lashing my friends sister to the tree down the street and piling sticks to burn the witch while we threw rocks another neighbors kid , or a fun weekly event where 10 to 15 kids would hit each other with sticks in a park was considered safe fun back then . air soft lol where are the wrist rockets and wooden club swords we used to beat each other with .

Heat and Blackhawk Down were pretty well done. The combat scenes in Band of Brothers, especially Brecourt Manor, were fantastic.

The Killer Elite was also really well done, based on Ranulf Fiennes book, the Feathermen.

And for an oldie, The Siege at Firebase Gloria was a good shootemup.

Unrealistic? Everything including the above. They are just the least unrealistic. I don’t think you can truly portray combat on a screen.

sirhr

Oh and the village assault in a Tears of the Sun.

Going "medieval" on them...

I skipped right to the Crossman pump BB guns with a "suposed" 3 pump rule. When you can hear the BB wizzing by, you knew the other team was ignoring that rule. Amazingly enough and very thankfully none of us dumb-asses got hurt that day... Kids do the stupidest things and call it fun.
It’s because of kids like you that we don’t have fun stuff like lawn darts any more.... :ROFLMAO:

Cheers,

Sirhr

• Haha
Reactions: WestDesertPRS
Zombies are NOT as hard to stop as they make it out to be in the movies.

I recently saw a stand-up special where the comedian said, "They make killing zombies look so hard. You just shoot them in the head which is how you kill a regular person too!"

I love Desperado but it is definitely high up on the unrealistic scale. Guys get shot and fly backwards 10 feet before smashing into walls. Still, fun movie.

Realistic: Anything directed by Michael Mann (Before realism was a thing, he sent James Caan to Gunsite to attend a pistol class in prep for his role in 'Thief')

Unrealistic, everything in Holly wood not directed by Michael Mann before 1995.

Realistic: American Sniper

The Matrix is more realistic than American Sniper. There are so many unbelievable stupid scenes in that movie that I had to leave the theatre to go puke only to return to another scene that made me laugh because of the stupidity.

The Matrix is more realistic than American Sniper. There are so many unbelievable stupid scenes in that movie that I had to leave the theatre to go puke only to return to another scene that made me laugh because of the stupidity.

Huh. It’s entirely possible that I’m not remembering clearly, as it’s been over a year since I saw it. I’ll try to fit a re-watch in soon to refresh my memory, may need to update my list...

Overall I liked American Sniper well enough but I hated the "bullet through the scope scene". One guy (Hathcock) does that in real life (as a total fluke / lucky shot) and now its the go-to schtick for every "sniper" movie out there. Every time 2 snipers face-off its like...here it comes....

Overall I liked American Sniper well enough but I hated the "bullet through the scope scene". One guy (Hathcock) does that in real life (as a total fluke / lucky shot) and now its the go-to schtick for every "sniper" movie out there. Every time 2 snipers face-off its like...here it comes....

...that is just one of the stupid scenes in the movie.

Here:

Why can't an entire squad see the lady and the boy in the middle of the road?

And did he shoot a guy who was flying? How the F does a guy drop in the middle of the street (sort off?)

0:36 - This "master sniper" is about to become a pirate
1:00 - Headshot through a humvee front window? doubt it....

This scene from the South Korean movie "Man From Nowhere" is good. He's fighting a gang of drug pushers who are also into black market body parts... unfortunately there are no subtitles.

The Man From Nowhere was an amazing film. As was Raid, Raid 2, Headshot, The Outsider, and The Night Comes for Us. I think I’m missing one or two but those are all worth watching, especially if you liked The Man From Nowhere.

Reactions: spartan67 and Tono
I really hate to say this cause it had to be my favorite show as a kid .
Unrealistic tv show "The A Team"
Here I was , 10 yrs old armoring up my go kart with metal roofing and tin cans just to find out later that it won't stop bullets . dam it !!!!

Murdock will always be my hero !

"Steven Seagal movies." Just about fell outta my chair laughing!

Reactions: fx77
And the rifle disappeared... and there is no proof. Did it happen? I think it probably did. But it is still a pretty wild thing... and gets harried in every $&@?ing sniper scene.

Sirhr

Reactions: WestDesertPRS
ne". One guy (Hathcock) does that in real life (as a total fluke / lucky shot) and now its the go-to schtick for every "sniper" movie out there. Every time 2 snipers face-off its li
Any Rambo movie after First Blood.

And including First Blood?

It was a great film, but lets be real....any gun/shooting scene in that film is a joke.

• Haha
Behind Enemy Lines was actually pretty dope.

Regardless of how technically accurate BHE may be, I love the movie because of how it was filmed. They used a very high frame rate in several places, giving it a grittier feel because you can see every piece of dirt blown into the air by the mines, or every speck of snow when the jet flies past the trees during the missile chase scene. To me, it’s a very visually appealing movie, all other aspects aside.

Reactions: Davo308
Regardless of how technically accurate BHE may be, I love the movie because of how it was filmed. They used a very high frame rate in several places, giving it a grittier feel because you can see every piece of dirt blown into the air by the mines, or every speck of snow when the jet flies past the trees during the missile chase scene. To me, it’s a very visually appealing movie, all other aspects aside.

I fire it up just to watch that missile chase scene. That was bad ass.

"Way of the gun" actual fight scenes were OK - dudes get hurt, and shot, and people miss - a lot, and have to do stuff besides pull the trigger, but the rest of the movie didn't do much for me. Never could get behind a bad guy.

God bless America