• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Most similar barrel contours - Bartlein and Proof Carbon

Nitrosteel

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2018
GA
Wanting to order a manners stock that I can use a barrel from either manufacturer with. Does anyone know which Bartlein barrel corresponds to each of the Proof Carbon (sendero, light sendero and heavy sendero) contours?

Thank you for your help.

just tell them which barrel contours you plan to use

booth website have the specs listed with critical measurements. i doubt you'll find exact matches. for example

sendero contour is .900" at 28" which matches a heavy varmint, but the shank is 1.20" and not 5" long like the HV

I just get the stock for MTU or M24 and live with some gap. When done properly, a nice .050" even gap looks great, but what I've found is that barrels come and go-- and are the easiest way to make weight come or go... so the contour isn't always the same, and it's easier on me if the channels is just hogged out from the get-go, you don't notice misalignment as easily if the gaps are bigger, and probably get better airflow&cooling. less milling and sandpaper makes me happy.

YMMV. FWIW, I ordered a Remington Sendero profile for my 6.5 SAUM build, and used a Proof "sendero" barrel, and the proof barrel is quite a bit bigger than the original remington contour.

Wanting to order a manners stock that I can use a barrel from either manufacturer with. Does anyone know which Bartlein barrel corresponds to each of the Proof Carbon (sendero, light sendero and heavy sendero) contours?

Thank you for your help.
If you want an exact match, buy the Proof barrel and send it to Bartlein and ask them to duplicate it.

I just get the stock for MTU or M24 and live with some gap. When done properly, a nice .050" even gap looks great, but what I've found is that barrels come and go-- and are the easiest way to make weight come or go... so the contour isn't always the same, and it's easier on me if the channels is just hogged out from the get-go, you don't notice misalignment as easily if the gaps are bigger, and probably get better airflow&cooling. less milling and sandpaper makes me happy.

YMMV. FWIW, I ordered a Remington Sendero profile for my 6.5 SAUM build, and used a Proof "sendero" barrel, and the proof barrel is quite a bit bigger than the original remington contour.
not to mention resale. considering i only run heavy varmint and if i got a proof it would be a sendero which is close enough. every time i see an MTU or heavy palma or rem varmint contour i look away

Bartlein Remington varmint/ sendero= proof sendero lite

Bartlein m24 = proof sendero pretty sure

And I don’t know about the larger proof
Hope this helps
Alex

I ordered the stock inletted for a Proof Carbon “sendero lite”. At least for the now that’s what I plan to run on the rifle. The folks at manners said they could increase the barrel channel size at anytime with no charge. I figure it’s easier to take more away than add it back. Of course over the next 6 months while waiting - I may have another idea - but this should work just fine.

Thank y’all for the help.