• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Motivational/progress thread!

Beastinisgr8

Private
Minuteman
Sep 2, 2011
I figure we start a thread that shows our progress and that also can motivate someone else. Pics help. Fitness,working out however you put it is a life changer. For me it changed me because of the discipline and dedication it took to get were i am today. Also having ADD,ADHD,and OCD it has helped me control them. We all have different goals but i believe it is not a hobby it is a lifestyle.

This was me at 18 i'd say 140..
l_f5b1a688343645b3aefe1c73984c90d0.jpg

And This is me now at 21. 210lbs
IMG_20120107_123928.jpg

Re: Motivational/progress thread!

Thanks the problem before was i only ate maybe once a day. Now its 6 meals and last year for 8months i was on a 6000calorie diet.

It's like bane off of batman haha.

Must've taken a lot of work. Congrats man.

Thanks.. I eat alot of tuna. college student=broke.

I'm in college myself, takes up so much time i know the feeling. I'm starting to try and get into shape, making progress slowly. Don't exactly have 2-3 hours sometimes to go put into the gym, so i've just been doing stuff i can do at home, eating right, and cardio here and there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm in college myself, takes up so much time i know the feeling.
</div></div>
try being a 3 sport athlete + the rest.

I spend 45min to an hour working out and try and get 10-15min of cardio in before the workout to get my heart rate up.
I use.
mon-chest,triceps
tue-back,biceps
wed-off
thurs-shoulders
fri-legs
sat-off
sun-off

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
try being a 3 sport athlete + the rest.</div></div>

I'll pass Haha. I'm not saying it's impossible but i certainly don't have the kind of energy to maintain 3 sports then come home and keep up my GPA in biological sciences, school is everything for me at this point so it takes up most of my time.

You gotta be going 24/7 skinny doing all that. That impressive man.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
try being a 3 sport athlete + the rest.</div></div>

You gotta be going 24/7 skinny doing all that. That impressive man. </div></div>
was going 24/7... for some reason my facebook page says "studied sports @ SDSU" ...LOL... i'm sure you are studying "classes" a bit harder than i did, but even now my 5 day a week workouts are right @ 2hrs each... but i love it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 65nut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ahhhh the wonder of roids and puberty.......</div></div>
Ahh, that's a pretty big assumption to make! And even if he were juicin', what the hell do you care?!

... Oh yeah, and good progress man.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J-Ham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 65nut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ahhhh the wonder of roids and puberty.......</div></div>
Ahh, that's a pretty big assumption to make! And even if he were juicin', what the hell do you care?!

... Oh yeah, and good progress man. </div></div>

Haters are gonna hate no matter what , weather it's because of their lack of drive or discipline or whatever.
With proper guidance in training and nutrition it's easy for a very skinny teen to morph into a very substantial young man in a VERY short time. At no other point in your life than late puberty are you more primed to stack on slabs of muscle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At no other point in your life than late puberty are you more primed to stack on slabs of muscle</div></div>
Shit, I kind of missed my window... Oh well, I'm having fun trying anyway.

Thats awesome bud! Just remember, anything that hurts now will hurt a shit load more later. So dont be afraid to take some time off if something doesnt feel right, or you do injure yourself.

I actually am not one of those guys that throws weights on to lift it half ass once. I take my time and just squeeze because of what i see people doing wrong! Thanks for the input.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jawa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats awesome bud! Just remember, anything that hurts now will hurt a shit load more later. So dont be afraid to take some time off if something doesnt feel right, or you do injure yourself. </div></div>

LMAO , my dad has told me for the last 10 years how sorry I'm gonna be when I get old !! and so far he has been 100% correct !!
I was complaining about a tender elbow and he told me

"boy!! you gotta give up all that weight liftin nonsense , by the time you get to my age what don't hurt won't work !! them muscles ain't gonna be pretty in 20 years"

it's funny 20 years ago I thought he was one of the "dumbest" creatures on the planet and now I look to him for the answers I can find

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jawa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats awesome bud! Just remember, anything that hurts now will hurt a shit load more later. So dont be afraid to take some time off if something doesnt feel right, or you do injure yourself. </div></div>

LMAO , my dad has told me for the last 10 years how sorry I'm gonna be when I get old !! and so far he has been 100% correct !!

"boy!! you gotta give up all that weight liftin nonsense , by the time you get to my age what don't hurt won't work !! them muscles ain't gonna be pretty in 20 years"

it's funny 20 years ago I thought he was one of the "dumbest" creatures on the planet and now I look to him for the answers I can find</div></div>

LOL!!! I felt the same way about my dad, now I know he was just trying to keep me from taking the same hard road he took.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jawa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats awesome bud! Just remember, anything that hurts now will hurt a shit load more later. So dont be afraid to take some time off if something doesnt feel right, or you do injure yourself. </div></div>

it's funny 20 years ago I thought he was one of the "dumbest" creatures on the planet and now I look to him for the answers I can find</div></div>

So much truth here.

I've been lifting hard for the last 12yrs. I've putt body thru hell. I've been injured many times and should have stayed home, but kept right on pumping iron. Well, the last couple years I've started to feel it. Shoulders have been hurting for a long time. Elbows hurt. Neck is usually stiff/sore. I've torn my hamstring in college doing a harness car pull. I tore my left bicep doing partner assisted forced negatives on a preacher bench. I've tweaked my neck so many times I can't remember to the point I can't turn it for a few days. Last month I tore my right quad doing leg press. That was nice, the blood from the tear drained down to my knee and upper calf turning everything black/blue, then yellow from brusing.

It sucks at times, but it's all worth it to me. I love the way I look and I love being able to manipulate my body to make it look how i want it to.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trevor300wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jawa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats awesome bud! Just remember, anything that hurts now will hurt a shit load more later. So dont be afraid to take some time off if something doesnt feel right, or you do injure yourself. </div></div>

So much truth here.

I've been lifting hard for the last 12yrs. I've putt body thru hell. I've been injured many times and should have stayed home, but kept right on pumping iron. Well, the last couple years I've started to feel it. Shoulders have been hurting for a long time. Elbows hurt. Neck is usually stiff/sore. I've torn my hamstring in college doing a harness car pull. I tore my left bicep doing partner assisted forced negatives on a preacher bench. I've tweaked my neck so many times I can't remember to the point I can't turn it for a few days. Last month I tore my right quad doing leg press. That was nice, the blood from the tear drained down to my knee and upper calf turning everything black/blue, then yellow from brusing.

It sucks at times, but it's all worth it to me. I love the way I look and I love being able to manipulate my body to make it look how i want it to. </div></div>

I think we need to see a pick of that trevor! I have never tore my quad, that sounds wicked.

This is a pic from last winter. Think I was around 225-228 pounds here. I'll see if I can find a pic from the spring-summer as I'm typically around 210-218 pounds during lake/vacation time.

30f64906.jpg

You look pretty big!!! how tall are you?
I am also in Oklahoma.

You defiantly have size over me!!
I'm located in Midwest city you?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beastinisgreat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm at 200-205pounds I can not keep weight on for ****
</div></div>

Are you over training??
what does your food look like

No over training i just switched to a low rep high weight routine this week so hopefully something changes.
workout-mon chest, tues back, wed legs, thurs arms, fri shoulders
Meals are
breakfast-30g carbs 40g protein
post workout- 60g carbs 60g protein
an hour after workout- 60-100g carbs 40-60g protein
two hours later- 40g carbs 40g protein
dinner is just protein 40g and fat i stop carbs at 7pm.
than one last meal of 40-60g protein.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beastinisgreat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No over training i just switched to a low rep high weight routine this week so hopefully something changes.
workout-mon chest, tues back, wed legs, thurs arms, fri shoulders
. </div></div>

5 days in a row is over training bud , even if you only doing low volume you are still taxing the piss out of your central nervouse system and the body wont effectivly heal and grow untill the CNS gets a break.

Try either a 2on 1 off or better yet ever other day routine
Monday , legs
tuesday , <span style="font-weight: bold">off</span>
Wednesday , chest , tris , side delts
thrusday , <span style="font-weight: bold">off</span>
Friday , Back , Bis , rear delts

Find a weight that you can only do 9-10 reps and stay with that , rep to failure , take a 30 sec break , rep to fail , 30 sec break , rep to fail.
Move to next body part
next time you work that muscle ad weight or add reps , you must increase one or the other

I may try that routine i have tried every one out there and never noticed any different results. Usually when i do a 3 day routine on off days my anxiety/stress gets really high.

You guys look great but I have a serious question,
how long do you think you'll be able to keep that weight and cut? My point is, look at arnold schwarzenegger, he was the perfect human at one time (yes he did horse grwth hormone and whatever else) but he looked perfect. Now he looks like a flabby gooey mess. When you lift for mass, and expand the tissue, is there a point of no return? I mean you can't stay "big" forever. You guys look good now but what about 20-30 years down the line, are you wrecking yourself in the longrun? I used to lift heavily in my 20's and i'm 5'7" and i was always told i looked "big" but now in my late 30's,I look like a glob of shit and am turning to programs like p90x to get rid of this belly and excess fat. Is this the progression when you stop lifting heavy due to life, work whatever?

I have personally met some 60-70 year olds that are still big and strong and are ripped. I think most of it has to do with diet.
I usually train with older guys because most guys at my gym around my age don't have the determination and in no way can keep up with the weight i push.

SRT- Strength is the most important thing in life. Life cannot thrive without some possession of strength. Why would you ever want a minimum of this necessity?

Muscle will never just convert to fat. There are many studies out there that show the linkages between muscle mass and quality of life as you age. If you aren't lifting weights as you age, your bone density decreases, and you will lose muscle as your T level and your metabolism both go to zero. You are also missing out on a chance to build new neural pathways with new exercises and possibly stave off Alzheimers.

The question is do you want help getting out of a chair when you are 80?

agreed, which why I'm back in the saddle. sorta with the p90. But more importantly, I'm not trying to shit on the OP's thread. I was merely inquiring because every person I ever seen go "big" and beyond could not keep that level of intensity up for years on end. I am talking about the kind of weight that needs to be pushed and the sheer amounts of nutrition that needs to be consumed on a daily basis to maintain that kind of bulk. Granted we have today, more purely refined supplements than we did say 5 years ago, that break down quicker and allows to body to assorb them more easily and thus aid in the healing times. But, i guess what i am asking, if you choose to go the "big" route are you bound to stay on that path transforming your body into a machine never to return to being thin and trim. Make no mistake, this is not a knock whatsoever, just looking for information from those in the know

Well I am very young i plan to start competing in a few years. I can only grow and progress in my mind. As for upping the weight etc. You don't have to use insane amounts of weight to get stimulation. I'll throw some numbers around
incline-315 6-8 reps
flat bench-325 6-10reps
squat-405 10 reps
dead lift-405 10 reps.

Everything will get stronger in time so is it maintainable I say yes.
I had a major surgery a year ago on my leg,knee and hip so the squats and deads aren't were they should be.

LOL!! that looks like it would be enough for anybody!

anyway, stay safe and best of luck.

Muscle will not "turn to fat" what happens is the ammount of calories needed to support alot of muscle are still consumed after you stop training and that causes fat gain , just like Wiskey Webber pointed out when the you get older you test levels fall and the lack of hormone will not support the muscle.
this is directly related to guys to get on high doses of steroids blow up and are big while on it then lose it all when they come off. so much hormone will support so much muscle and thats it , as you get older the amount of testosterone in your body falls off and the process of muscle loss is going to happen like it of not.

Low testosterone levels lead to a host of issues and i personaly believe every man over the age on 35 or so should be on a hormone replcement theropy

Bodybuilders like arnold abused the hell out of their bodys with massive doses of very harsh chems to get the size they had and this lead to heart issues which in turn lead to having to get off a therpudic dose of hormones and that is what causes him to look flabby. Stalone is still in good shape , very lean and pretty damn hard.

Just like anyhting else steroids get abused and this gives them a black eye for their medical use , just the same as pain killers

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: srt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys look great but I have a serious question. How long do you think you'll be able to keep that weight and cut? </div></div>

I've seen guys in their 50's who are more ripped than most men will ever be. I'm going to pursue big and strong until there is no getting bigger and stronger. Then when I am sure I have had enough, I will pursue running or some other endeavor that challenges my body and mind. Pursuit of physical accomplishment doesn't have to stop at any age.

Can't wait to post my before & afters... On the road right now...

TAG

... after some thought i have deemed that my (visual) progress is personal and do not care to show pics to the whole world,,,

But i will say that at the begining of 2011 i was 230# fat slob (im 5'9"), and now im a 190 with better defined arms, shoulders, and chest...
I have gone from 38 to 34" waist and would like to say i feel more energetic...

a little history, graduated high school at 180# husky guy, went on the USMC boot camp diet and graduated at 135# scrawny jar head (looked like i was 12 years old lol) slowly put all that weight pluss some back on in the air wing, 210 when i got out in 07, and in early 2011 i was 230# wondering where would it stop...

fact is, and im open for recommendations,,, i am just coming off of some pre-work out (Jack3D) and i know that the adrenal glands take a while to get back to where they were before using that shit, it works great when your taking it but i had no clue how un-modivated i would get without it.

as for dieting... i have never done it until about 5 weeks ago, (Was jsut lifting heavy and eating whatever i want + much protine before that) and while i was lifting heavy i still made progress even though i ate about anything i wanted. was lifting 5-6 days a week. sence dieting i have noticed that you can realy loose weight no matter what you eat as long as your burning more callories than you intake, (My fitness pal on IPhone has been great to track calories) but you realy wont burn all the fat you want with out a more strict diet without as much fat, sugar, carbs, ect... and for me thats the hardest part, i can loose weight but im sure i am loosing some of the size i put on while lifting heavy. the last 20# that came off where due to watching calorie intake and 6-7 days a week of cardio...

Am i where i want to be yet? no. but i have made great progress from when i started and im still trying to stay motivated. also i know this has only been my first 12 months in the gym and i plan to continue.

Sounds like you are on the right track and doing a great job!
No pre-workout is hard to get use to what i did was watch bodybuilding motivation movies on youtube and jog for 10-15min it will get you're heart rate up.. Also it only takes a few weeks to get were you can take another pre-workout just switch what you take. So try something new and if you dont like it go back to jack3d after you finished.

Well I did decide to switch to a 3day routine and must say my body doesn't hate me as much and I feel stronger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beastinisgreat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I did decide to switch to a 3day routine and must say my body doesn't hate me as much and I feel stronger. </div></div>

you have to rest to grow plain and simple , 95% of people over train and under eat and don't know why they don't make gains.
the hr a day we spend in the gym is just a stimulant it's the other 23 hrs a day that the growth takes place

I know and understand all of that. In the past going to a 3day a week workout only made me feel worse an didn't benefit me in any way. I am going to try it for a total of 8 weeks so i can see if I gain lean muscle or strength.

So this 3day has been doing me good!!
Attempting to flex my leg lol
IMG_20120323_201053.jpg

Looking good man!! , slow and steady wins the race

whats you diet looking like now?

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Meal 1:</span></span> 1 cup oats , 2 scoops whey added to oatmeal ,1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar , tablespoon honey 10oz water (50g-P , 68g-Carbs , 4g-F)

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Meal 2:</span></span> 10 oz chicken , turkey <span style="font-weight: bold">OR</span> fish OR 2.5 cups egg whites, 8oz yams , 6oz pineapple , 1 cup greens
(70g-P , 60g-C , 6g-F)

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Meal 3:</span></span> 10 oz chicken , turkey , fish <span style="font-weight: bold">OR</span> 2.5 cups egg whites, 6oz yams , 4oz , 1 cup greens
(70g-P , 60g-C , 6g-F)

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Meal 4:</span></span> 10 oz chicken , turkey , fish <span style="font-weight: bold">OR</span> 2.5 cups egg whites, 6oz yams , 2 cups greens
(70g-P , 25g-C , 6g-F)

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Meal 5:</span></span> 10 oz lean beef or salmon , 3 cups dark greens ,1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar , tablespoon honey , 10oz water (70g-P , 15g-C , 20g-F)

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Meal 6:</span></span> 2 scoops whey/casein at bed time , three tablespoon cashew butter (50g-P , 21g-F)

380g-Protein , 253g-Carbs , 63g-Fat = 3100 cals
this is basicly a 50-30-20 ratio diet
I have a 190 pound 22 yr old running this diet rightnow with a DC training protocal and he is growing like a weed!! and staying pretty lean , has actualy lost some body fat from the looks of his back. He loves it and constantly rotaoes the meats to keep it intersting

That is a good meal plan!!!

Meal 1: whey protein, protein bar
40g-protein,50-carbs,7g-fat

Meal 2: chicken and or tuna and sweet potatoes
40g-protein,40-60-carbs,??-fat

meal 3: same

Meal 4: post workout whey shake 40g protein-30 min later eat a meal usually beef with wheat bread

Meal 5: beef I TRY to stop carbs at 7p.m
40g

Meal 6: beef or tune 40-60g-protein

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beastinisgreat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is a good meal plan!!!

Meal 1: whey protein, protein bar
40g-protein,50-carbs,7g-fat

Meal 2: chicken and or tuna and sweet potatoes
40g-protein,40-60-carbs,??-fat

meal 3: same

Meal 4: post workout whey shake 40g protein-30 min later eat a meal usually beef with wheat bread

Meal 5: beef I TRY to stop carbs at 7p.m
40g

Meal 6: beef or tune 40-60g-protein
</div></div>

Thats not a whole lotta cals man , are you eating this much because you cant stomach the volume of food to get the cals higher?