• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mount for Leupold Mark 5

Btmann45

FIRE FOR EFFECT
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2018
Kentucky
Need help selecting a mount for my Leupold Mark 5 5x25. I'm going to be putting it on my Fn SCAR 20. I was going to go with the Geissele super precision mark 5 mount as it seemed to be made specifically with the SR25 or AR 10 platform in mind. Unfortunately they are not in stock and I dont have time to wait for them to come back if I dont have to. I know there are other good 35mm rings / mounts on the market such as spur. So my two questions are what rings / mounts do you all recommend, and also what height do I need to go with to get the Leupold mark 5 to clear the rail. Any help would be great.

Spuhr 5002 (35mm and 1.5”). I’ll let someone else confirm the height, but I believe that is what you seek. After dropping the coin on the Scar 20 and the Mk 5 don’t skimp on the rings.

Spuhr 5002 (35mm and 1.5”). I’ll let someone else confirm the height, but I believe that is what you seek. After dropping the coin on the Scar 20 and the Mk 5 don’t skimp on the rings.
Yea at this point the skimp is out the window. Don't care to spend the money just don't want to have to send back mounts trying to get the right one if I don't have to. Thanks for the reply hopefully someone will confirm the height for me.

I used an mpa mount on my mark 5. Works great ,don't no if they make one high enough for your needs or not. If they do I would hesitate to use one ,looking to get a couple more for other rifles

Yea at this point the skimp is out the window. Don't care to spend the money just don't want to have to send back mounts trying to get the right one if I don't have to. Thanks for the reply hopefully someone will confirm the height for me.

yes for the flat rail on the scar 20 1.5 is perfect. You can get away with right around 1.40 depending on flip caps. But with Spuhr the 1.5 is correct.