• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mount options for 20-30 MOA on AR10?

nimoz

Private
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2009
North Kali
I searched around and found a few options and they run from just under $200 and up.
Any one I missed?

1. Badger raiser rail - 22MOA
(too many moving parts? Current mount too high on top of this?)
2. Burris Zee rings with inserts
(too low for an AR)
3. Barrett ExRings 20/30MOA
4. Larue 50BMG mount (30MOA)
5. Nightforce Unimount
6. GAP's new Badger made mount w inserts.
7. AD Recon in 20MOA (not listed on their site?)
9. AADMOUNT 20 MOA precision AR scope mount
10. Larue LT-112 20MOA (not on web-shop)
11. <span style="text-decoration: line-through">Seekins AR rings, 20MOA</span> (Not yet available)

I currently have a Bushnell 6-24/50 w 30mm tube in a LT158 10MOA mount, but need a little more elevation.
(need 2-3mil more)
Mount rail to center height should probably be 1.3" - 1.6"

Thanks,

Re: Mount options for 20-30 MOA on AR10?

If im not mistaken Seekins Precision makes a set of AR rings that will work.

I belive the specs are 1.45 in height on a 30mm tube.

The price was around 130.

LaRue also makes the LT-112, which is the OBR mount with 20MOA of built in slope. Height is 1.535" to make it line up with clip-on NV devices like the PVS-24.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vmpgsc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LaRue also makes the LT-112, which is the OBR mount with 20MOA of built in slope. Height is 1.535" to make it line up with clip-on NV devices like the PVS-24. </div></div>
I think the OBR has the 20MOA slope built in to the receiver and that the mount is flat?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Foomanshoot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If im not mistaken Seekins Precision makes a set of AR rings that will work.
I belive the specs are 1.45 in height on a 30mm tube.

The price was around 130. </div></div>

Found them - Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nimoz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vmpgsc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LaRue also makes the LT-112, which is the OBR mount with 20MOA of built in slope. Height is 1.535" to make it line up with clip-on NV devices like the PVS-24. </div></div>
I think the OBR has the 20MOA slope built in to the receiver and that the mount is flat?
</div></div>

The regular OBR LT-111 mount is flat, and designed for the OBR rifle which has built in cant. The LT-112 is an identical mount, except with 20moa built in. Available in 30mm and 34mm. It's not on their website; call to order.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Drifter_1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nimoz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vmpgsc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LaRue also makes the LT-112, which is the OBR mount with 20MOA of built in slope. Height is 1.535" to make it line up with clip-on NV devices like the PVS-24. </div></div>
</div></div>

The regular OBR mount is flat, and designed for te OBR rifle which has built in cant. The LT-112 is an identical mount, except with 20moa built in. It's not on their website; call to order. </div></div>
OK, thanks.
- I did call Larue and ask for a 20/30 MOA mount, but the only thing they pointed to was the BMG mount.
Maybe a new guy answered.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nimoz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Drifter_1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nimoz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vmpgsc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LaRue also makes the LT-112, which is the OBR mount with 20MOA of built in slope. Height is 1.535" to make it line up with clip-on NV devices like the PVS-24. </div></div>
</div></div>

The regular OBR mount is flat, and designed for te OBR rifle which has built in cant. The LT-112 is an identical mount, except with 20moa built in. It's not on their website; call to order. </div></div>
OK, thanks.
- I did call Larue and ask for a 20/30 MOA mount, but the only thing they pointed to was the BMG mount.
Maybe a new guy answered. </div></div>

Just say "LT-112" and they'll ask for ring size.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grand</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nikon makes a 20 MOA mount. </div></div>
I looked and could only find 1" mounts?

So far the Seekins is looking to be my choice, specially if the Web-Special still apply.

But I can't figure out if "all" the AR-30mm mounts have the 20MOA incline.
- Seekins web doesn't say, but lists only one.
- SWFA's web say 20MOA, and also lists only one.
Send a question to Seekins.

+1 on the Aadmount. Which AR10 and how far do you plan on shooting it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1 on the Aadmount. Which AR10 and how far do you plan on shooting it? </div></div>

We are past the planning stage
smile.gif

In lack of a 2nd bolt, my daughter shoot it at a 800, 900 and 1,000y match and needed to do 2mil holdovers at 1k. Scored 142/150 at 900y and above 100 at 1k.
- It's a KR7 receiver set with a JP barrel/BCG/gasblock. Barrel is only 18", so sub optimal - but might as well have a mount that gives an easier POA.
(Shooting 175SMKs w 44.0 Varget, mag length, DA 2400.)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nimoz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1 on the Aadmount. Which AR10 and how far do you plan on shooting it? </div></div>

We are past the planning stage
smile.gif

In lack of a 2nd bolt, my daughter shoot it at a 800, 900 and 1,000y match and needed to do 2mil holdovers at 1k. Scored 142/150 at 900y and above 100 at 1k.
- It's a KR7 receiver set with a JP barrel/BCG/gasblock. Barrel is only 18", so sub optimal - but might as well have a mount that gives an easier POA.
(Shooting 175SMKs w 44.0 Varget, mag length, DA 2400.) </div></div>

I gotcha

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cooper_257</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AADMOUNT 20 MOA precision AR scope mount

http://www.aadmount.com/ </div></div>
That's missing in my list.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Foomanshoot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I could be wrong but if remembering correctly Sekins also produces the 2 and 3 inch offset bases.
I think his ring and base line is produced for Vortex Optics. The prices seem to be the same

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vort...e-2-inch-offset
</div></div>
Thanks. The eye relief is OK without needing an offset mount.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dlxcupid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2645603#Post2645603 </div></div>
That is #6 in my list and a looks like a very nice mount. Perfect if I ever move my 34mm scope to the AR.
- But it seemed they are waiting for the 30mm inserts.

A couple others: Spuhr for cantilever or straight, AI or DTA if you don't need the cantilever. Your/her eye relief preferences will dictate.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nimoz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
So far the Seekins is looking to be my choice, specially if the Web-Special still apply.

But I can't figure out if "all" the AR-30mm mounts have the 20MOA incline.
- Seekins web doesn't say, but lists only one.
- SWFA's web say 20MOA, and also lists only one.
Send a question to Seekins. </div></div>

Seekins replied: No cant in any of their mounts.
SWFA's website is wrong and they will be notified.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Redmanss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A couple others: Spuhr for cantilever or straight, AI or DTA if you don't need the cantilever. Your/her eye relief preferences will dictate. </div></div>
Spuhr mounts are nice, but more than I want to pay right now.

The mount SWFA has listed is supposed to be our one piece AR mount in 20moa. We have not released them yet and its going to be a little while before we do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The mount SWFA has listed is supposed to be our one piece AR mount in 20moa. We have not released them yet and its going to be a little while before we do. </div></div>

Thank you for setting that straight. It had me confused for sure.
- I may still be in the market when you ship. Will keep my eyes open.

Update - As I had some questions on this, I thought I share; I did purchase the GAP mount with 30mm inserts.

Picture below shows the clearance between scope and hand guard.
- This is a Premier 3-15x50, and a larger scope should fit as well.
I will use this with the inserts and my Bushnell.
- Also, it is compatible with the Badger Micro sight mounts, (34mm, 4 screws)

IMG_1217.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nimoz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Update - As I had some questions on this, I thought I share; I did purchase the GAP mount with 30mm inserts.</div></div>

Looks great. I ended up going with the ADM Recon 20 MOA mount after following this thread. I really like the QD locking levers that ADM uses - very solid.

Nightforce unimount is my choice but will run over $200 bucks new and then throw in the A128 bubble ring cap. Your looking at $325.00 total

The mount SWFA has listed is supposed to be our one piece AR mount in 20moa. We have not released them yet and its going to be a little while before we do.

If their website is correct, "never" might be closer to accurate.. (For those that use the "search" button)