• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Mount question

Pigman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2011
Katy, TX
I bought a Trijicon Accupoint 3-9x40 for my AR a couple months ago and now I'm getting ready to buy the mount for it. I was set on the ADM Recon-S until just a few minutes ago when I came across the Seekins 1 inch rings. From what I can tell they only come in one height, low, which is .75". Would this be high enough for the objective lens to clear the forend? I have extremely limited experience with scopes on AR's so I have no idea as to how high or low I like my scope. If the Seekins 1 inch low rings do not work, would it be possible to use 30mm high rings with 1 inch inserts?

Thanks in advance,

-Josh

Re: Mount question

Are you looking to have something that can not be quick detached in the field? Or do you want some thing that can be quickly detached in the event the scope breaks or stops working?(SHTF)

I have a Bobro mount on my duty rifle with Troy flip up sights. On my other Ar which I use for target practice and the occasional varmint I have a GG&G 20moa bolt on mount.

Re: Mount question

The scope needs to be roughly the same height as irons on an AR. At lower and you'll have a hard time getting your eye low enough to see through the scope.

Look at some AR specific mounts to get an idea of how high they are.