• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mount/ring height XTR III?

yeshuascoming

Private
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2023
Maine
I have a Burris XTR III (Illuminated) coming in a few weeks. Does anyone know what height mount it requires. It’ll be going on a AR (BCM MK12 mod 4). I’d like it to clear a folded mbus (rear). I have a ADM Recon currently (30mm) but the XTR is 34 so I’ll be purchasing another mount. Thanks!

Just guessing you want to clear your mbus i say very high. I would wait till you get it then go to the gun Shop to be safe.

Reactions: yeshuascoming
I generally go with 1.5” mounts on my ar. Really depends more on your cheek weld but that will clear your folded mbus.

Reactions: jumrobe
I have a Burris XTR III (Illuminated) coming in a few weeks. Does anyone know what height mount it requires. It’ll be going on a AR (BCM MK12 mod 4). I’d like it to clear a folded mbus (rear). I have a ADM Recon currently (30mm) but the XTR is 34 so I’ll be purchasing another mount. Thanks!

Stick with the ADM Recon. Contact them and request the 34mm rings. I have 30mm and 34mm for mine. Its far less expensive than a new mount and the Recon is excellent.

Reactions: jumrobe
Stick with the ADM Recon. Contact them and request the 34mm rings. I have 30mm and 34mm for mine. Its far less expensive than a new mount and the Recon is excellent.
Thank you for the reply. I actually wanted to transfer the current scope/mount over to a 16” Aero (Wylde). I found a good deal on a ADM Delta and ordered it.

Reactions: Birddog6424
I’ve also got an XTRIII coming in a few weeks and have been in the market for a mount. I’ve used ADM Recon in the past with good success on 30 and 34mm tubes.

Mines going on a competition gun so I’m contemplating going with a different mount. Are there other 34mm mounts out there that are good to go on an AR?

I understand it’s not an AR but this is a CA MPR with Hawkins Precision 34mm and 1.15” height and 5.5-30 IIIi
The rail is 20 MOA cant also.
73B5919E-9992-43A6-81CE-E177A2B23F55.jpeg

Reactions: timlow