• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mountain Bike Tactical Rifle competition ....

TacticalPlinker

Private
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2012
Does anyone know of a competition that has stages setup like the Mammoth but you'd use a mountain bike instead of hiking. Kinda like a Biathlon with MTB bikes - would be my 2 favorite things combined šŸ˜Ž

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20220625-072704_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220625-072704_Chrome.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 80
Competition Dynamics has run side matches using both running and mountain bike biathlons. It wasn't a regular thing, but if anyone could pull it off and make it excellent, they would be it.

Reactions: TacticalPlinker
In ancient Greece they had a pentathlon that had a few stages

Horseback riding
Archery
Swimming
Wrestling
And running

Always thought it would be cool to bring it back but

Performance driving
Shooting pistol/rifle
Swimming
Wrestling
Running

Reactions: TacticalPlinker
We've talked about a cross country deal, moreso with offroad vehicles. Would involve navigation, fairly extreme offroading, finding targets etc. Sort of like a Baja 500 and long range target engagement. With all the alphabet agencies, it would also have to take on a cannonball-run-esque format. As if rifles weren't enough of a money pit, let's throw in some king of the hammers ha ha!

We've talked about a cross country deal, moreso with offroad vehicles. Would involve navigation, fairly extreme offroading, finding targets etc. Sort of like a Baja 500 and long range target engagement. With all the alphabet agencies, it would also have to take on a cannonball-run-esque format. As if rifles weren't enough of a money pit, let's throw in some king of the hammers ha ha!

This sounds like a good time!

This would be super cool. That said, and I'm not an expert or anything, I think in mounting biking they crash a lot. Would be rough to eat it and and up DDTing your rifle setup into a boulder.

I've thought about a hybrid event a good bit recently, though. There are several that have brought together activities with more intersectionality with good success ( Mammoth = Ruck/Shoot, Gun Run = ToughMudder/Shoot, Tactical Games = Crossfit/Shoot). I'd like to see someone pull something off like Off Road Race/Shoot or some other new hybrid thing.

I have been specifically thinking about how to go about setting up a Swim/Shoot event

I have been specifically thinking about how to go about setting up a Swim/Shoot event

I hate swimming, but since this would certainly force an evolution away from 30 lb rifles - I'll allow it.

Looks like the Keweenaw Cup cyclocross race in late October includes a biathalon event. Cyclocross is fucking miserable and the UP in late October can certainly be miserable, and so this must be a fairly challenging event.