• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Mounting a 7.62 suppressor on a 5.56

Masked

Smith Tactical
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2012
Connecticut
www.smith-tactical.com
So, title.

I submitted my Form 4 in December of 2013 -- The birdies tell me it might be 2/3 months until it's released from ATF Jail.

That being said, I have a Surefire 7.62RC.

I've spoken to a few guys that have done this but, they have all of their barrels threaded 5/8x24...

Unfortunately, I have a few Rainier Arms barrels that shoot fantastically but, they're all 1/2x28.

Do I need an adapter to go from 1/2x28 TO 5/8x24 or will the 762-RC fit on the Surefire 5.56 brake?

I searched, did a little googling but, there's not a whole lot on this topic -- Thanks guys.

Awesome!

I literally had called 3 class 3's before posting this and nobody knew...

Thanks!

If you need it I have a Email form SF saying it is G2G to run 762 on 556. Plus the 762 is actually quieter then the 556 Cans.
Most of the time that's not the case.

For those that have Legacy Suppressors like the 762SS, Surefire does make the brakes with 1/2x28 threads(It's a bit of a wait). You do have to have the 7.62 brake though and can't use the 5.56 models unfortunately.