• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Mounting a HS Stock PICS ADDED

SRT80

Private
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2011
IL
I am mounting a HS Stock on a Remington SPS rifle. The stock came off a LTR rifle. I just noticed that when it is put together, that the box/magazine sticks up to high when put together not allowing the bolt to operate??? as well as the bolt appears to be real tight? any suggestions?

Re: Mounting a HS Stock

The magazine shouldn't be able to physically fit through the opening as the opening is smaller than the box. Have you pinched the box down somehow?

Also you may check, sometimes the screws can be too long after switching stocks. The front action screw can prevent a bolt from operating.

when you're putting that gun into the stock, turn the gun upside down, put the box into the receiver...you should see how it's notched for the box, then put the stock onto the gun.

Most people put the gun into the stock but doing it the other way around will keep the box from falling out.

On the screws, you should be able to see the top of the screw. you can either grind the end down a bit or get a washer. Personally I like to grid the screws down to the proper size.

I got it!! Just took another guy to help me hold it and get it! and thanks seanh! you were dead on!! She is all together and working....The magazine is a little tricky and gets stuck from time to time acting like she son't want to hold all 4 rounds. I think I can fix this though....Took it out to the range today and this is what she did!

TomsTarget2.jpg

This is two groups.....these are at 100 yards from a sand bagged bench. I was using my Remington SPS, with this HS precision stock.