• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mounting a Khales k524i to a Browning Hells Canyon w/Rail

Pmh60

Private
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2024
Jackson, WY
So, I am very new to this very cool newtonian physics based world of precision long range shooting… lots of reading, and YouTube university! So I purchased a Browning LH x- bolt Hell’s Canyon 6.5 PRC, 26” barrel rifle and 20 MOA P. Rail and the Khales k525i… - so I could use help with the mounting ring system. There are many choices. Best ballistic programs to download and guidance on some of the best schools to attend….

Reactions: LongJohn
Perhaps consider the Nightforce X-Treme Duty Ultralight rings, more due to their precision in machining
Sphur is great too
Kahles is a top notch scope which you will love once you begin using it and it deserves High Quality Rings
the more precision the machining the better the rings will grip the scope tube all the way around as opposed to just a few spots
This is one reason people used to lap or bed their scope in the rings previously back in the day
-Ballistics Apps
Try ShootersCalculatorcom (Online)
and Lapua Ballistics APP for your Iphone,,, It's a Free Download(For Iphone only, not Android)

If you can figure out a way to get strelok pro for your shooting app, then do it. It's the best one hands down. And you can thank our POS government for taking it off the play store...

Are you going to hunt with this setup or just shoot targets? Kind of an odd combo of rifle and scope.

Reactions: LongJohn
Are you going to hunt with this setup or just shoot targets? Kind of an odd combo of rifle and scope.
My guess would be hunt...
the X-Bolt is not very conducive to being up to par with a Rem 700 or Win70
They look purdy and all but
Their Trigger alone, being a cast body, engineered unable to disassemble and work the trigger without breaking the darn thing is enough to steer myself anyhow ....clear of owning one
Then there is their tiny glob of shoe goo bedding compound for a bedding job
Not to Dis a guys personal pref....but .....not the type of action most would choose to throw much coin at to build a custom on.
I have known guys who either got one given to them or got a steal of a deal on one though. So that's sometimes hard to pass up

My guess would be hunt...
the X-Bolt is not very conducive to being up to par with a Rem 700 or Win70
They look purdy and all but
Their Trigger alone, being a cast body, engineered unable to disassemble and work the trigger without breaking the darn thing is enough to steer myself anyhow ....clear of owning one
Then there is their tiny glob of shoe goo bedding compound for a bedding job
Not to Dis a guys personal pref....but .....not the type of action most would choose to throw much coin at to build a custom on.
I have known guys who either got one given to them or got a steal of a deal on one though. So that's sometimes hard to pass up
If I were to put together a hunting rifle I'd choose a different scope. The k525i is a heavy tactical scope which seems like an odd match for a lightweight hunting rifle. Sort of defeats the purpose in my mind. I would have went with a lightweight hunting scope for that rifle, something along the lines of a Zeiss Conquest or something similar.

If I were to put together a hunting rifle I'd choose a different scope. The k525i is a heavy tactical scope which seems like an odd match for a lightweight hunting rifle. Sort of defeats the purpose in my mind. I would have went with a lightweight hunting scope for that rifle, something along the lines of a Zeiss Conquest or something similar.
Well, thats what makes America a Free Country my man, freedom of choice.
My AI Chassis rifle topped with a Kahles 6-24 weighs 21 pounds... and I can carry it for hours.
That AMR Christmas tree allows such precise windage&elevation holdovers to be able to shoot any target visible within a mile.
That's the trade off. Simply know your DOPE and precisely holdover.
Although I wouldnt suspect a 7lb rifle with a 2lb/2oz scope to be considered very heavy even for off hand shooting.
Especially considering even some competition Off/Hand Shooters prefer about a 12 lb rifle for balance and front stability.
Quote to verify such "Well, my best shooting off hand was in competition and a heavy gun is best for this, say 10-12 lbs, otherwise your barrel floats around. Of course, this was at targets."
Link: https://www.shootersforum.com/threads/best-style-of-rifle-for-offhand-shooting.205569/

Last edited: