• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Mounting a mini reflex to a scoped SPR. (PIC REQUEST)

redroan45

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2010
Ashton, Idaho
Just wondering the best mounts, methods, and user feedback everyone has found for this application. I like the Spuhr mount, but I am not sure I want to spend that kind of money. I have never had a 45 degree mounted sight of any kind either, and I think I would prefer the reflex sight mounted square on the front ring cap. But again, I have never run this type of setup, so what do you all think? Pics and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Pros and cons to each way of mounting, IMO.

With mounting on top of the scope you end up with a chin weld when looking through the sight. Also, fairly high over bore height. With the 1 o'clock mount like the weaver I'm using, you can maintain the same cheek weld you have with the scope, just a slight twist sideways and your looking straight through he middle of the sight.

Downsides are, it is hanging out there by it self and can snag on gear if you aren't paying attention. It takes a little practice to make canting the rifle second nature. It is fairly comfortable for me.

It may feel more natural for some guys to keep everything square and deal with the increased height of a top mount. Both work decent.