• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Mounting a Picatinny base

He Shoot Me

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2009
No. Cal.
Okay,

yesterday I got the last piece of the puzzle (Scope rings) Got all fired-up and mounted my scope. After putting it all together, staring at it, and then spending 7 1/2 minutes with it alone in the Whack Shack, I decided to clean-up....check that....I was ordered to clean-up the living room I destroyed with various boxes, tools, gun vise, etc.

That's when I came across the directions from EGW, which said we recommend you use Blue Loc-Tite when securing the base. I drank another beer, let out a few F bombs, put everything away, and passed-out.

Do I need to tear everything apart and do this over again with the Loc-tite......Say it isn't so.....pu, pu, pu, pleeeease!

-Pat

Re: Mounting a Picatinny base

yes, blue loc-tite the screws that hold the base to the receiver and the screws that hold the ring halves together

I would only blue loctite the base screws, not the ring halves. Personal preference I guess.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Brutal.....

Thanks guys, I appreciate the info.

-Pat